Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beckford69

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

I would love a response to this question as well! Because I keep putting new batteries in and if I pull them out and put them back in they will work but if I don’t then the remote control will not work why is this happening? I haven’t used it very much in the 3 years I’ve had it and it just recently started doing this!!! Please help as I am very frustrated with your product at this point! 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Beckford69 

Greetings, and welcome here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your inquiry regarding the functionality of your Roku remote with an issue with its batteries, and we'd like to express our commitment to assisting you. Could you please confirm if you've tried replacing it with new compatible batteries? Additionally, what model of your Roku remote are you having issues with (e.g. Roku Simple, Roku Voice Remote, Roku Voice Remote Pro)?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DoriaKalt

I’m having the same problem. My remote –– which is less than a year old –– just stopped working two nights ago. I tried 10 pairs of new alkaline batteries and none of them work.

I remembered that I had my original remote, which was replaced because it was doing crazy things, and tried putting some batteries in that one. However, it doesn’t work either.

I remembered that I had my original remote, which was replaced because it was doing crazy things, and tried putting some batteries in that one. However, it doesn’t work either.

Apparently, I’m not eligible for support. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DoriaKalt,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report about this and are sorry for the remote woes.

Could you share with us the model number of this remote? This can be found at the back of the battery compartment.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeonaMc76

I'm having this issue just now too,tried removing batteries and turning tv off for a bit but not even turning on. It's tv in grandsons room so very frustrating 😑 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @LeonaMc76!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the remote issues you are currently experiencing and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution for this.

Before we proceed, may we know what specific Roku player this remote was connected to and is this the remote that comes with that device? Also, are there any flickering lights appearing on the device when you press any buttons on the remote? 

In the meantime, we suggest pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My remote is not working. New batteries do not work. Lights do no flicker on the remote or device when we try it. A reset to the remote does not work. 

We have a Roku Express 4k+ 2022.

Any ideas how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Pennmark

I have the same problem>  It was working a few nights ago I read the troubleshooting articles and it still won't work.  There is no way to contact Roku.  What do I have to do??

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Pennmark@h3lpmefixthis,

Thank you for posting on the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku remote not working. We are pleased to assist.

Remote issues vary depending on the type of Roku remote. Before you begin troubleshooting, first determine which type of remote you use with your Roku streaming device: a Roku simple remote or a Roku voice remote.

You will find instructions on how to fix your Roku remote not connecting, not responding, not pairing, missing button presses, and any other issues that cause it not to work. Please check it here.

After you've figured out what Roku remote you have, visit the article for your specific remote.

If your Roku voice remote is not controlling the power and volume on your TV, learn how to fix TV control issues.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team here for further assistance.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.