Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runlauf
Channel Surfer

Remote sluggish and undependabe in quickly changing volume or mute, cousin has same problem

ROKU remote for Roku streaming stick 4K, 3820X2, is sluggish and undependable for both volume changes and muting. My cousin in another city, and so another TV and internet provider, has exactly this problem as well. So this has to be a ROKU hardware or software issue. I even bought a new streaming stick, but it has the same problem exactly. Sometimes volume and mute control go away for several seconds, but then come back. This is not the way past Roku remotes behaved. Again, I know others with same issue right now.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Remote sluggish and undependabe in quickly changing volume or mute, cousin has same problem

@Runlauf I have 4 Roku remotes laying around because I’ve updated devices and I always get a new remote with the new device and it was funny that all the remotes work on my current Roku TV. Even the remote I got 15 years ago, or however, many years has been since the Roku three came out maybe it’s the device itself off the remote just a thought. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote sluggish and undependabe in quickly changing volume or mute, cousin has same problem

Hi @Runlauf,

We understand the issue you've been having with your remote and would like to take immediate action.

Kindly send us a PM here in the Roku Community, as we may need personal information to resolve this concern.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos