Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

Hi @Jaromhansen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. I understand that your remote for Roku Ultra won't stop pinging sound. Is that correct? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Have you tried unplugging your Roku device and resetting your remote to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. My remote will not stop pinging. It's driving me crazy.

I've completely re-paired the remote, removed batteries for a while... it never stops.

EDIT: Unplugging the Roku TV and plugging it back in worked.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@composerarts

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DKA
Reel Rookie

Sane problem as everyone else.  Pinged from Android app and then it wouldn't stop re-pinging.  Someone had mentioned they re-pinged it to turn it off, but I noticed the app option disappeared and trying from the roku menu gave "that feature isn't available right now".  However, using the roku system menu to restart the roku did the trick.  Option is back in the android app menu again.  As a test (with some trepidation!) I tried it again.  Once again, I got stuck in the ping loop.  However it resolved after a few rounds. 

0 Kudos
Jppgolfer

I was finally able to get the pinging to stop by restarting the Roku.  I went to settings in the Roku and hit restart.  That's the only thing that worked.

0 Kudos
Mbryan85
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote pinging nonstop fix fast

Just had same issue and I have a remot without batteries

my husband fixed it by going to settings-system -power -restart system 

Neploxo
Reel Rookie

Mine started tonight, Ultra model barely 6 weeks old. This is my 6th Roku device, and it may well be my last. I hate this remote so much I paired the device to my old Roku remote as soon as I learned that was an option. But now this one won't shut up even though I pushed a button and even after removing the batteries for 3 hours. As soon as I put them back in it starts again.

0 Kudos
DKA
Reel Rookie

It's not the remote, it's the unit.  Try resetting  the roku menu (settings, advanced settings, factory reset) 

0 Kudos
Neploxo
Reel Rookie

I got it to stop by restarting the unit, but until that even unpairing the remote didn't stop it! Clearly a software error. I agree with above posters regarding Roku design and support lately. Who thought it would be a good idea to put the voice remote button where the OK button used to be? If I couldn't still use my old 'game remote' I'd have returned the product.

0 Kudos
Kaedan80

Good suggestion.  I was in an endless loop of pings.  Removing the remote batteries (and pairing again), ensuring the "find remote" button is not stuck, and even unplugging the Roku, none of those suggestions worked.

Using Restart from the System menu solved the problem.

0 Kudos