Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbryan85
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

fixed it by going to settings-system -power -restart system

0 Kudos
Mbryan85
Reel Rookie

It’s actually quite a easy fix if you  go to settings-system -power -restart system it might help. I don’t work for you’ll but it’s hard to belive they don’t give this solution out asap when asked 

Mbryan85
Reel Rookie

Most people can’t fix by doing that glad it worked for you 

shoffman01
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem it won’t stop pinging I went to go find it the other night and now it won’t stop

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shoffman01,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to restarting your Roku player, by going to Settings > System > System restart or Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart. In addition, have you tried removing and reinserting the batteries?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

model4660x 

see #unlock2509141

soft version: 11.0.0-build 4193-46

device i.d.ck37cc509141

after using fi d remote button,now it wont stop pinning every mi ute.nothing stops it except battery removal.same issue as thousands of other users.the original pinging sound was quieter different pinging with a echo aspect.now it does a solid louder beep.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ericgriffin

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pcu

I am having the same problem

Pressing any button on the Remote Control starts the "Listen for your remote. Press any button to stop the sound" (banner and beeping sound).

the sound stops after the timer runs out .... or pressing any button stops the sound

then pressing any button on the remote starts the sound again .... very annoying

Restarting the device not working for me

this has just started "constantly" for me

Roku Ultra

CK37C4784463

Model:4660X2

FCC ID: TC2-R1016

IC: 5959A-R1016

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pcu,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Where do I find the serial number. The pinging stopped but now I have sound and no picture. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.