Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mharrop49

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

HOW TO FIX: Unplug the system, wait 20 seconds, & plug it back in!  Fixed mine!!!

0 Kudos
WESHAPNIN

@htimsda wrote:

I have a Roku TV and have the same problem. I used my android phone app to initiate finding the remote. Now it won't ever stop pinging.

[edit]

Rebooting the TV fixed the problem.

ALSO. Just found an alternative way: restart the TV, and also take the batteries out right after you confirm to restart.

I also logged out of the Roku app but unsure if it's related. 

Jusr wanted to help someone else from this nightmare bug. 

0 Kudos
tae111
Streaming Star

I have a Roku device that is less than a year old. I have never activated the find my remote function yet it still pings multiple times a day. There are 8 pages of people having this issue here. Forget about the PM's and such. How about finding a real solution to this very real problem and posting it here once and for all?

0 Kudos
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

Good luck on getting it fixed.   Roku evidently thinks this is a non-issue.   Mine periodical pings and a good jolt to the base tells me they have a cold solder joint on the base button.   People have luck resetting or just about anything to fix.    Mine requires messing with the base.

0 Kudos
tae111
Streaming Star

Yeah nothing like having it go off at 3:00 AM when the house is quiet and the sound rings through the silence waking everyone up. Pretty typical of many big companies now days though. If the issue isn't big or damaging enough they aren't going to lift a finger or spend a penny to fix it.

0 Kudos
Usachris
Reel Rookie

Issue report tracker
Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: YJOOAN040608 (CK37AA040608)
Software version: 110.0 • build 4193-46
Timestamp:2022-07-27T21:21:40Z
Please use issue ID 08-299-361 to report the current
issue,

Remote pinging won’t stop. Replaced, batteries. Powered down Roku, repaired remote, disconnected unit from all cables and network. Still pinging. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Usachris,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tcjackson

My remote will not stop pining! I have tried repairing 3 times… I need a replacement remote! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tcjackson,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Usachris
Reel Rookie

Thanks, Mary. Your solution worked. The pinging has finally stopped. 👍