Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinder1

Remote not working on Fubo TV

Jump to solution

My remote control is not working on Fubo TV.  This just happened in the past day or so.  It works fine on other apps.  Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote not working on Fubo TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Asj,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out regarding this concern.

To assess if the issue does not lie with the remote itself, can you confirm if the only app affected is Fubo TV? Also, since you've directly subscribed to Fubo TV via Roku, you might need to remove it first on the Roku website; it should reflect on your Roku device once the particular channel is removed from there. By doing so, follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK on your remote.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

If the modification did not automatically reflect on your device, try performing a system restart by going to Settings > System > Power (skip if option is not available) > System Restart.

Kindly keep us in the loop.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cinder1,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for bringing up this issue with us!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote since it will not function on your Fubo TV channel. We're glad to help you, but we will need more details.

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • What type of remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, or voice remote)
  • Could you elaborate more about the issue that you're having?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Iluvskiing

Jump to solution

When the application starts it starts up with a program playing in the full screen.  I press the up arrow and it does nothing.  I press the down button and I see tiles on the bottom with different stations but it won’t let me select them.  I can fast forward or pause and I can use the home button to bail on FUBO but those are the only buttons that work.  I cannot ever get to a guide or recordings or even sub selections like sports.  @RokuJohnB  any ideas?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Iluvskiing,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing the information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, let's try to troubleshoot this issue by following the steps provided below:

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

Once performed, kindly please check to see if you notice any difference. Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Asj

Jump to solution

My remote will not control on my Roku will not control Fubo. I have tried pressing the * but it does not give me the option to remove the channel.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Asj,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out regarding this concern.

To assess if the issue does not lie with the remote itself, can you confirm if the only app affected is Fubo TV? Also, since you've directly subscribed to Fubo TV via Roku, you might need to remove it first on the Roku website; it should reflect on your Roku device once the particular channel is removed from there. By doing so, follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK on your remote.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

If the modification did not automatically reflect on your device, try performing a system restart by going to Settings > System > Power (skip if option is not available) > System Restart.

Kindly keep us in the loop.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaxjim

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on a TCL Roku TV.  Just started happening today exactly as described by other users.  I deleted and reinstalled the app which seemed to work, but the next time I turned on the TV, same problem.  HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaxjim,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since it is not working on the Fubo TV channel. We're happy to help. Did you try to restart your Roku TV? If not, please try the steps that @RokuJanadeeK provided above.

Please keep us posted if the problem still persists.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drmann999

Jump to solution

This worked!!!   Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.