Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNMarty
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote no controlling LG TV volume and power

Jump to solution

I've been doing more searching for answers. It was suggested that the Roku Stick be in front of the TV and not in the back. I had an HDMI extender so gave it a try. No go.

It was suggested by someone to try Goldstar or Vizio for the brand. No go.

I really hope someone has a solution to this issue. How can the TV be controlled for a year with no issues and now all of a sudden stop? Has there been an update to Roku?

Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MNMarty.

Thanks for following up. 

We have already coordinated this with the team and haven't received any updates yet. No worries! We will let you know immediately once we receive any further information. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Your continued patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNMarty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the app cannot control the TV volume and power. It doesn't help my situation at all.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @MNMarty.

Rest assured that the team is working closely on this. I will let you know once I've got further information about this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNMarty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I bought another Roku 4K+ stick and tried to control the LG TV with it. It worked right away. So I swapped out the new 4K+ with the original 4K stick. Used the new remote and it was still able to control the LG TV.

Then I used the new 4K+ stick with the old remote. It still could not control the LG TV.

So I can conclude the IR sender in the remote is not sending a signal to the LG TV.

So what can I do to fix that?

Do I have to buy a new remote. Is there any kind of warranty replacement?

Appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MNMarty.

Thanks for getting back. 

I'll see what I can do and coordinate this with our Support team. I'll be contacting you via PM to gather the necessary details. 

Once again, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
techhead51
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I have a Roku 4640x it does not have a voice remote I paired one to this device and I was able to get the option to control the TV. 

So it depends on the remote control not the actual Roku itself to be able to control the television 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @techhead51.

Thanks for sharing your input regarding this matter. This will help other users who are experiencing the same issue. 

I hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Avg_Intrnt_Prsn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Me too. Started a couple of days ago.

0 Kudos
Avg_Intrnt_Prsn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That would be the music he mentioned 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.