Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plunnin

buttons difficult on 4k stick remote

I have a 4 month old 4k streaming stick. The remote works but the "down" arrow is difficult. You have to press extremely hard to get the guide to move. Yes I tried new battterys...no change. All the other buttons work fine. This site seems to be an endless loop.... hit support... what device do you have.... back to support page. I guess the company doesnt want to be contacted. Id buy a new remote since the 30 day warranty has expired.... not great quality or customer support...unless your into self help FAQs!

0 Kudos

Re: buttons difficult on 4k stick remote

This is a real problem for which I believe Roku does not have an answer. My voice remote did that, first intermittently then completely failed. I re-paired it with stick and worked a little while and failed again. Chatted with Roku support and eventually they sent new remote (it was covered by one year warranty) but now that is starting to fail. In addition I convinced my brother in law to drop Dish and go streaming with Roku and his remote also has developed this issue and supposedly his replacement is on the way. Hope this can be worked out soon as otherwise completely satisfied by product.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: buttons difficult on 4k stick remote

Hi @plunnin,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with the Roku remote since the down arrow button is not functioning well. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Tell us how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ubwhereiis

Remote right button and down button not working

The right button has to be pushed so hard to get anywhere and the down button is doing the same thing. How can I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote right button and down button not working

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ubwhereiis!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support about your concern with the Roku remote. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, may we know if the right arrow button functions occasionally or if it never worked the time you purchased it? Also, is this the remote that comes with your Roku player? If so, kindly let us know the serial number and model of the Roku player as well as the time it was purchased and where. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku remote effectively. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ggrimes25
Channel Surfer

Re: One remote button barely works

My right arrow button is also not working at all. Can you send me a DM to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
ggrimes25
Channel Surfer

It always worked poorly but now it maybe registers 1/8 clicks. SN: SOHAK3661DWH 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ggrimes25,

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

With these details, we'll be able to flag this one with the appropriate team. Additionally, we'd like to provide further resolution with the remote so kindly reach out via PM. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ansalong

Re: Remote hard to push. One one side of my remote

This is happening to me now too. I bought my streaming stick in July 2023 and the right button is impossible to push and the other directional buttons are going bad as well. I bought this on vacation out of state so can’t return where I bought it. I tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread and they don’t work. Is there a resolution to this yet?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @ansalong.

We're pleased to help.

Could you please provide us with the details requested above?

With more details, we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos