Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: buttons difficult on 4k stick remote

Greetings Community users!

Our sincerest apologies for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. It is also highly appreciated the troubleshooting steps you've performed to resolve the remote issues you're currently experiencing to no avail.

In this case, kindly let us know what specific Roku remote you are having this issue with so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. For guidance, kindly refer to our Support article to help you Identify your remote.

After we determine which specific Roku remote you have, we will proceed to the next step. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you find the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OS2K
Reel Rookie

Hi Carly!

My remote is the Roku Voice Remote. Model RC833, Firmware version rtn.4246

Thank you

0 Kudos
jakokln
Reel Rookie

My remote is the RC-GZ1. The right arrow and OK buttons are very hard to push

0 Kudos
bandon_dunes
Reel Rookie

My remote is model RC-GZ1

0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

Re: One remote button barely works

Yeah I did this, while knowing it is definitely a hardware issue. I’m going to return the device, it’s a ridiculous issue to have for such a simple piece of equipment.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @jakokln @bandon_dunes @OS2K.

Kindly keep an eye out on your inbox as I will be sending you a Private Message to gather further personal information. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kts1

I have the same issue with my “OK” button . You have to push it multiple time and VERY hard before it will work. It is so frustrating! I want to get a new remote but not if I run into the same problem again.

0 Kudos
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

I received no help from Roku on the defective remote that came with the unit. I bought another one from Amazon and it's worked for months so far. Good luck 

0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

Based on the amount of people having this issue and the lack of resolution I just returned mine. Defective hardware is super annoying to me. I do have the cheaper standard Roku that I never had issues with so I’ve relocated that to the family room until I find something with voice… but it won’t be Roku.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Kts1!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance with the remote issues you've been currently experiencing.

Kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further personal information regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.