Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeryBarry

Roku express Remote's OK Button Hard to Push

I recieved a Roku Express 4K Stick for my birthday at the end of October 2023 and the OK button has become increasingly hard to push...it hurt my finger to push it to the point where it would respond......now it does not work at all...does anyone knowof  a fix? can it be replaced under warranty?

0 Kudos
rstew65

Re: One remote button barely works

I have bought 6 roku devices in the last two years for our home TV's for $49 a pop.  One of the newest ones worked for about 2 months and then the right button started getting hard to work and now is almost non-functional.  It has been like that for a few months until my wife is now about totally done with it.  Apparently, there was some bad manufacturing batch of the remotes.  This seems to not be a "one-off issue."  What can be done if the troubleshooting does not work?  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express Remote's OK Button Hard to Push

Hey @VeryBarry,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report about this remote button not working, and we're here to help. I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @rstew65!

Thank you for raising your remote concerns with us. No worries! We'll request additional support from the team.

With this being said, kindly check your inbox as we have sent you a PM to collect personal information.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayemmbee

I am also having this issue exact issue, the right arrow button. Only now it's starting to happen with the down button. I bought this remote in July. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jayemmbee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience. That's not what we aim for. Please send us a private message with your Roku account email address and elaborate more on your concerns.

We'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote hard to push. One one side of my remote

Hi @Sharonhanke1021,

Welcome and thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We value your report regarding these issues with remote work. We are glad to assist.

Could you tell us when and how long you have been experiencing this? Is this the remote that came along with the device?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amhy
Channel Surfer

Re: Right button issues causes me not to be able to use remote

I’m having the same issue with my right arrow button. I have to press it so hard my finger hurts excruciatingly and my nail has been permanently bent on the side. The solution posted below is not helpful in fixing the issue because it only provides instructions for setting up a voice remote.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Amhy!

It is highly appreciated that you have brought this to our attention. 

In this instance, we will be coordinating this with the appropriate Roku team for further review as to why is this currently happening. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Amhy
Channel Surfer

Roku device model: 3820RW2 - Streaming Stick 4K

serial number: X025002X1SFV

device ID: S0JC32CX1SFV

OS version: It does not list an OS version when I go to Settings -> System -> About. The information listed only includes the following: Model, serial #, Software version, Uptime, Roku support, device ID, network name, IP address, and Wireless Mac address.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.