Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One remote button barely works

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @TiffKey!

We appreicate you reaching out for support and regret to hear about the experience. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution for this.

Before proceeding, may we know when you made the purchase? Since you have mentioned that it's brand new and was purchased at Walmart but has hardware issues, we usually suggest returning it to them and requesting a replacement. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TerriLee.

Thanks for sharing your input. 

Kindly check your inbox here as we have already sent you a PM with regards to your remote concerns. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

There was a message 3 weeks ago asking for my info and I sent it all. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Hi @Kimbo72,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here on this remote issue. Could you tell us more about this? What troubleshooting steps have you tried, and what didn't work?

Let's discuss this in more detail and work on this together.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FriendlyGuy
Reel Rookie

The remotes suck.  I’ve had a few and the right arrow button, home button and play/pause button all require excessive pressure to activate the button.  

when I pull up the Roku app on my smart phone and select the remote function.  No issues.  The remote suck.  

very Friendly Guy

nit so happy tho

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FriendlyGuy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are grateful that you brought up these issues with remote work, and we would be happy to assist you.

Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with the device? In addition, how long have you been using this remote?

Share with us a bit more information about this, and we'll further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
telsie
Reel Rookie

Same problem for me. I bought a new Roku voice remote to replace our old one (the play/pause button was failing after years of use) and the right arrow button stopped working less than 2 months after purchasing it. So now we're juggling 2 Roku remotes -- the old one for right-arrowing and the new one for everything else. It's kind of ridiculous. This right arrow problem is so widespread that it is clearly a manufacturing issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @telsie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience about this remote issue. We've be more than happy to assist you. I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
FriendlyGuy
Reel Rookie

Yes the remote is the default remote that came with the 4k Express I purchased from Amazon in May of 2023.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kimbo72,

Thanks for the response!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. Does the issue start ever since you have the device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos