Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leecast

Trouble using Logitec Harmony Home Remote with Roku Ultra 4850

Hello. I have been using Logitec Harmony Home hub remotes for years with Roku Ultra models and recently upgraded to the new 4850R 2024 model Ultra. For some reason, Harmony is having trouble controlling it by IP. It finds it and adds it, but there is no remote control functionality available. It will work somewhat using IR, but it always seems much better through IP. Does anyone know why this is happening or have a solution?

I am running Software version 14.0 and the device shows up as "4850X - Ultra" on the System info screen.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Trouble using Logitec Harmony Home Remote with Roku Ultra 4850

@leecastWhile I use the Harmony 650, I've never been able to control my Ultra 4800x since the remote uses WiFi direct to communicate with the Ultra..I'm surprised you're able to use the Harmony since it won't work with WiFi direct..how did you manage to do that?

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.