Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quapman
Channel Surfer

Remote craps out after ten minutes repeatedly.

Roku 4230X1 box doesn't respond to remote. Unplug/wait/plug in power, it works fine until about ten minutes later when it craps again. Will run a whole show or movie without interruption, but then fails to respond in order to end the program.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote craps out after ten minutes repeatedly.

Hi @quapman,

Thanks for sharing this experience with the remote here at the Roku Community. We'll do our best to help.

Kindly try to perform all the provided troubleshooting here in the support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If none work, please let us know. Also, may we know how long this remote is already?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quapman
Channel Surfer

I've been through the whole process and there was no change. How long is the remote? About 6 inches.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @quapman,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're sorry to hear about this experience you had with the Roku remote. Is your remote still the original one that came with the device? 

In addition, we recommend performing a system restart to resolve this issue. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quapman
Channel Surfer

It's the original remote... about 5 or 6 years old.

I tried the system restart. No improvement.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @quapman,

Thanks for the update!

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further assistance, and we have sent you a PM for more information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quapman
Channel Surfer

I bought a new remote on ebay for $8 and it seems to have solved the problem.

0 Kudos
quapman
Channel Surfer

Your website people need to work on that messaging page. It's just about unreadable. I managed to reply with my address for a new remote. No, you can't have my mobile number.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@quapman,

We have checked your PM, and thanks for the update! We're sorry to hear about this. In order for us to process this. We'll be needing that information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.