Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randys
Roku Guru

Remote battery info will appear on the screen remote will stop working

I have rebooted the system and I have unpaired and repaired the remote, randomly the remote battery info will appear on the screen and at the same time the remote stops working.  

if I wait a while or remove a battery and put it back in it starts working again.   

I have the Roku app on my phone I’m going to try that also and by the way I cannot find the volume on the Roku app on my phone for the TV   

help

23 REPLIES 23
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote battery info will appear on the screen remote will stop working

Hi @randys,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since the battery info keeps appearing and the Roku remote stops working. We will be glad to help. When did the issue start? Did you try a new set of batteries on your Roku remote?
You can also check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Yes I put in new batteries.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @randys,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would you kindly provide your Roku streaming device information, such as Device ID, Model Number, and Serial Number? All these can be found in Settings > System > About. In addition, what specific Roku remote are you having issues with?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

ID S02A213342RM

Serial X01000H342RM

MODEL. 4800X Ultra

Voice remote

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @randys,

Thanks for the response.

For us to further address this issue, would you mind sending us a private message since we will be asking for personal information from your end?

To private message here in the Community, kindly click the name icon of a user. After this, you will be redirected to their user page, and there you will see an option to "Send this user a private message".

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocko9999
Binge Watcher

I just posted this same issue. It's maddening. It's as if the remote is unpairing and pairing with each button push. Let me know if they offer a fix for you. 

My info:

4800X

Soft Ver 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

Remote RC691

Firnw vers. rtn,4228

tylert8
Channel Surfer

Hello,

I just replaced my batteries to my remote and I keep seeing a battery is low icon at the top right of my screen and the remote does not work conistently. Can someone please reach out and advise on a solution or to send me a new remote for the Roku 4k?

Rocko9999
Binge Watcher

Post your model, software version, remote model and remote firmware version. Hopefully the engineers at Roku can find a pattern and fix this. It's more than likely a pairing issue-not battery related. 

0 Kudos
tylert8
Channel Surfer

Thanks @Rocko9999 - hoping I can get this fixed. Below is my info to diagnose. Can someone please help based on my issue and the below?

Model: Roku express 4K+

Model: RC608

SN: S07P5149CK8E

Firmware version: rtn.4228

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.