Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ca117
Reel Rookie

Remote Finder constantly goes off.

I desire to disable (forever) the find remote function.  How can I do this? I see several folks with the same issue and your suggestions do not resolve the constant recurring issue of this function pinging.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Finder constantly goes off.

Hi @ca117, welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are encountering an issue with the remote finder feature on your Roku device, and we're here to assist you.

Please be advised that the Roku remote may not emit the remote finder sound if the batteries are depleted or if it is out of range of the wireless network.

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again.

For more information about the feature, please check the support article mentioned below: How to find your Roku remote using the lost remote finder feature | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance. We'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ca117
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Finder constantly goes off.

None of your suggestions worked.  Again. I would like to disable that function completely. Do not need it! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.