Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jam7954
Reel Rookie

Roku 4802x no volume up control

• I have a Klipsch soudbar, Panasonic tv and roku ultra, remote controls on/off, volume down and mute but will not turn volume up, its configured using arc from soundbar to tv, any suggestions for getting this to work

As a side  note i am changing over from directv stream with there device which all worked fine

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4802x no volume up control

Maybe the button itself doesn't work.  Is the remote set up for IR or CEC control?  It sends the command to the TV and the TV sends it to the soundbar.  If it's set up for IR control, you can use a digital camera like the one in your phone to see if the remote transmits anything when the button is pressed.  Point the remote at the camera and press a button and you should see a flash coming from the tip of the remote on the camera's screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jam7954
Reel Rookie

Thank u for responding the roku is new from walmart. It is setup in ir mode and when i switch tv from sound bar to tv speakers both volumes  works fine

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That makes it sound like it's something with the TV.  Does the TV's remote adjust the sound bar's volume up and down?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.