Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BPINZ

On/off for Roku TV and Bose soundbar though one remote

Jump to solution

Can it be done?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: On/off for Roku TV and Bose soundbar though one remote

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @BPINZ!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about controlling your soundbar via the Roku remote. I'd be happy to provide further information. 

Roku remotes can only control your TV's power and volume. If you have connected your soundbar via your TV's HDMI, you may try to set up your Roku remote by navigating to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.

When information is gathered via HDMI, often only the brand of the device connected directly to your Roku device can be detected. For this reason, we recommend you always connect your Roku device directly to your TV during setup. If you plan to set up your Roku device for surround sound, temporarily connect your Roku device directly to your TV and complete the setup before making any connections to the AVR or soundbar.

For reference, you may visit our support article dedicated to this: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: On/off for Roku TV and Bose soundbar though one remote

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @BPINZ!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about controlling your soundbar via the Roku remote. I'd be happy to provide further information. 

Roku remotes can only control your TV's power and volume. If you have connected your soundbar via your TV's HDMI, you may try to set up your Roku remote by navigating to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.

When information is gathered via HDMI, often only the brand of the device connected directly to your Roku device can be detected. For this reason, we recommend you always connect your Roku device directly to your TV during setup. If you plan to set up your Roku device for surround sound, temporarily connect your Roku device directly to your TV and complete the setup before making any connections to the AVR or soundbar.

For reference, you may visit our support article dedicated to this: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.