Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfrancic
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Hi. Having the same issue. Here are the key details:

Issue report tracker

Model: 3600X Roku Stick

Serial number: 5S671M112092

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4178-24

Please let me know if additional information required.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nfrancic,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this. Is this the same as the others without any luck, even if repairing it to the device?

Also, could you tell us what Roku remote is this? Is the Roku voice remote or the pro that needs to be recharged?

Please share more insight about this so that we can proceed.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SparkGap
Channel Surfer

I have had zero issues in the last week since my last post a week ago. (And CEC remote device control works better than ever.)

I'm not a moderator, but I have a suggestion for those posting new problems. My problem was that the Roku remote failed to control the Roku. Many of the more recent posts seem to be about third-party remotes unable to control Roku. You may wish to specify exactly what behavior you are seeing so that it gets the right attention.

0 Kudos
jikwild
Channel Surfer

Attn Spark Gap—Did your Roku remote just magically start working or did you re-pair or do something special?  Thank you! 

0 Kudos
MartinL1
Reel Rookie

2 Roku speakers just updated and now neither remote works or can be re-paired.  I'm down to using the app.  Help please

0 Kudos
SparkGap
Channel Surfer

Originally, what seemed to work was Platform Secret Screen (Homex5, FF, Pause, RW, Pause, FF), RF Remote Menu, "Disable full UI support". (Note that with the latest version, this automatically re-enables so I'm not sure it can truly be disabled anymore.) It would also clear up following a Factory Reset, but I wouldn't recommend that as setting up all the apps is bothersome.

But sometime in early November the problem stopped occurring. I won't call it magic (presumably it was some config push by Roku), but I do not have a new software update (still 12.5.0/4176)..

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MartinL1,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with this issue.

Can you specify what remote this is? Are all your devices affected by the said issue? What is the running OS version of your devices? You can try the provided troubleshooting steps for remotes here.

If none of this works, please inform us so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nfrancic
Reel Rookie

I have the voice remote. Tried re-pairing but no improvements. The only buttons that do not work are power and volume. 

0 Kudos
MartinL1
Reel Rookie

2 devices had the same issue happen the same day.  Both are Smart Soundbar and the remotes are RC-AL7.

They are updated to 12.5.0 Build 4178-95

Still no luck on my side.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this with us, @nfrancic.

This may be a separate issue with the remote. This support article provides troubleshooting steps and insights on why the Roku voice remote is not controlling power and volume on your TV.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.