Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

OK Button on Remote Doesn't Work Very Well

Jump to solution

I used to like playing Backgammon but not any more. You have to press the OK button a number of times and to get it to work you have to press the button really hard. I get through one game and that's about all I can take. It was never that difficult at first. 

And it isn't just backgammon. When choosing a program from the home screen, it's just as difficult. Or when you scroll back in a movie to catch something you miss.

It was like this with the last remote I had before it died. Is it just me, or do others have this problem also?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OK Button on Remote Doesn't Work Very Well

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know about this, @MJGuitar.

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

In this case, may know when you changed (purchased a new one) your remote and did it happened the first time you used it? Also, is the OK button the only button you are having this issue with? 

In the meantime, we suggest pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MJGuitar,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below.

Reboot your voice remote.

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, use the following steps to reboot your remote by removing and reinstalling the batteries:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first, and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place.
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery.
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote.

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below to reboot your remote.

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 20 seconds.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know about this, @MJGuitar.

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

In this case, may know when you changed (purchased a new one) your remote and did it happened the first time you used it? Also, is the OK button the only button you are having this issue with? 

In the meantime, we suggest pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is only the OK button. 

I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure the problem re-occurred soon after purchasing it.

I'm not sure how to re-pair the remote.

Thank you for responding to my post.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MJGuitar,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below.

Reboot your voice remote.

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, use the following steps to reboot your remote by removing and reinstalling the batteries:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first, and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place.
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery.
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote.

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below to reboot your remote.

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 20 seconds.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wobbie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

how does removing the battery from the remote fix a hard to push button?

0 Kudos
RiverCityYVR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. This is with the remote that came with my Roku TV.

Every button except the OK button works. I’ve changed the batteries. I’ve held down the Back and Home Buttons for 30 seconds. Nothing has worked.

Please advise what I can do to fix this

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @RiverCityYVR!

Thank you for informing us about the issues you've been experiencing with the OK button on your Roku remote. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, it would be really helpful if you could let us know when did the OK button on your Roku TV didn't function. Do you recall if it was malfunctioning when you first purchased the TV?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You contacted me before and said you would replace it, but l never got a replacement.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MJGuitar!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I believe we have already contacted you via Private Message to collect further personal information. Have you checked your inbox and responded with the requested details? 

Looking forward to your confirmation!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamroktv

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as RiverCityYVR.  What is solution??

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.