Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDH55

Roku remote app isn’t connecting anymore

Jump to solution

I’ve tried resetting my router restarting my tv , made sure phone and tv were on same network but still says cannot find device . Been trying for 2 weeks now and had to locate my actual remote for the tv inorder to use it . What is going on with the app ???? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote app isn’t connecting anymore

Jump to solution

Hi, @SITTEALL000 @RDH55. Welcome here to the Roku Community!

We see that your Roku mobile app is not connecting with your Roku device, and we're here to assist you with this matter.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try

• Ensure your Roku mobile app and device are connected to the same email address. (You can check this using the remote by navigating to Settings > System > About.)
  • Restart the router and Roku device by unplugging them and then plugging them back in after a few seconds.
  • Ensure that both your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network name and band. Most routers have two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. It's important to check that both devices are connected to the same band to avoid any frequency mismatch between your Roku and phone.
  • Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
    2. Tap Devices  

3. Tap Get help?
    4. Select Connect Manually
    5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT 

For more information, you can visit this support FAQ on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Jump to solution

Same thing for me. I’m trying to turn on my tv and or connect with my app but it won’t work. Very frustrating and annoying! Sometimes my tv in my bedroom won’t be connected to the internet but the one which is like 10 steps away in my family room is connected to internet. Someone help! 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @SITTEALL000 @RDH55. Welcome here to the Roku Community!

We see that your Roku mobile app is not connecting with your Roku device, and we're here to assist you with this matter.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try

• Ensure your Roku mobile app and device are connected to the same email address. (You can check this using the remote by navigating to Settings > System > About.)
  • Restart the router and Roku device by unplugging them and then plugging them back in after a few seconds.
  • Ensure that both your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network name and band. Most routers have two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. It's important to check that both devices are connected to the same band to avoid any frequency mismatch between your Roku and phone.
  • Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
    2. Tap Devices  

3. Tap Get help?
    4. Select Connect Manually
    5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT 

For more information, you can visit this support FAQ on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.