Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicoledawnolson
Reel Rookie

No remote for my Roku device, so I can't connect it to my new WiFi!! Help!!!

How can I set up a remote on my phone for my Roku device so I can connect it to my WiFi? I don't have the actual Roku remote control it came with, so how can I download a remote control from the Google Play Store without it needing my Roku device connected to my new WiFi already?  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote for my Roku device, so I can't connect it to my new WiFi!! Help!!!

@Jdaddy1189 @nicoledawnolson 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding not having a remote.

Please be aware that you will need a remote to set up your device again and connect to your wireless network. What Roku model device do you have? With that information, we can provide you with appropriate replacement remote for your device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
nicoledawnolson
Reel Rookie

Re: No remote for my Roku device, so I can't connect it to my new WiFi!! Help!!!

I'm not sure which Roku model I have, where would I find that out? I looked on the Roku but don't see anything 

0 Kudos
nicoledawnolson
Reel Rookie

Re: Setting Up Factory Reset Tv without remote

I think I have Roku Express 3900 Series 3900 RW

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setting Up Factory Reset Tv without remote

@nicoledawnolson 

Thanks for the information.

For the Roku Express 3900, if you are looking for a replacement remote you can order the Simple remote on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Nagyours

Device doesn't connect to wifi and dont have remote?

I have a plug in Roku and when you plug it in it starts up and doesn't connect to WiFi one time I lost my remote it would just sit right there with the wrong time and then it will turn off an hour later

0 Kudos
anand24n

Re: my control broked and is under warranty

My [personal information removed] roku serial number is 5S6741006437. I have remote but it's not pairing. I have installed app on my android phone, it was suddenly stopped working today since roku device stopped connecting WiFi suddenly. It went to factory reset mode and asking to select language or pair up remote. Please help me to connect to roku device from phone or remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Device doesn't connect to wifi and dont have remote?

@Nagyours 

Thanks for the note.

If you are not connected to your wireless network, you will need to your remote to connect and setup your device. What model device do you have so we can recommend the appropriate replacement remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: my control broked and is under warranty

@anand24n 

Thanks for the information.

You will not be able to connect to your Roku device with the mobile app if the device is not currently connected to your wireless network.

For troubleshooting steps to pair your remote to your streaming stick, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
koscielll

Here's a tricky question..but can anyone help me with it?

So, I bought a Roku express possibly about two years ago, and set it up at my at-the-time boyfriend's house. It made sense at the time to use his info. We broke up a year ago but my Roku still had all his info and finally today I had just got fed up of seeing his name every time I opened the remote on my phone!

I didn't want to have to speak to him to ask him to log out or anything because I know that he wouldn't, so I have restored it to factory settings...but I have no remote (the dog ate it- I swear!). So now I can't connect to it seemingly. Is there any way I can gain access to it again!?

0 Kudos