Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGV
Reel Rookie

New Voice Remote Pro Freezes Periodically / Battery Icon Displays Every 30 Seconds

My new Roku Voice Remote Pro freezes after it sits unused for about half an hour. When it's not frozen, the battery icon (fully charged) displays every 30-60 seconds.  Re-pairing doesn't help. The problems disappear when connected to the charging cable and remote is charging.  I am connecting to a 4670X Roku Ultra serial # YJ0014272167 software version 12.0.0 build 4184-46. Does the remote need to be replaced? Please advise.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Voice Remote Pro Freezes Periodically / Battery Icon Displays Every 30 Seconds

Hi @JGV.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

Regarding the issue you are currently experiencing, we recommend you try to reset the remote to see if that helps.

To reset your remote, hold down the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds. Once that has been completed, let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JGV
Reel Rookie

Re: New Voice Remote Pro Freezes Periodically / Battery Icon Displays Every 30 Seconds

Thank you for your reply.  The remote "unfreezes" for about 30-60 minutes after pressing down the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.  The battery icon still appears on the screen when the remote is not frozen.  The battery icon indicates that the remote is fully charged.  

0 Kudos
JGV
Reel Rookie

I've decided to return it to Amazon for a full refund.

0 Kudos
ChristianZane
Streaming Star

I have the same issue, I’ve used my Roku Ultra for 3 years now with no issues, but ever since I got a new Voice Pro remote rechargeable I get the same exact problem.  I returned it to Amazon and the replacement does the same thing.  Re pairing doesn’t help.  When I use my old remote (with batteries) it works fine, this seems to be an issue with these new remotes (the ones with the green toggle voice switch on the side and no batteries) and should be addressed by Roku. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.