Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

Rechargable roku voice remote pro is going crazy!!!

I have been through 2 of these rechargable voice remotes battery not removable now that have had the same issue with both after a few months the battery indicator starts to misread the true battery level then it starts to flash the low battery indicator every 10 or so seconds and then it randomly disconnects over and over while showing low battery indicator but the level is showing full on the screen then it finally progresses to you noticing the green light is randomly flashing every few minutes sporadically no specific 3 blinks or whatever just crazy like while the battery indicator keeps popping up and the remote stops then starts working repeatedly why I'd this happening?

18 REPLIES 18
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargable roku voice remote pro is going crazy!!!

Hi @Jlgezzy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problems with your Roku remote. Please be advised that our Roku device displays an on-screen message when the rechargeable lithium-ion battery in your remote is running low on power. To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter (like the one you use to charge your smartphone). The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green when complete. A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use. Please take note that heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly, and your voice remote can be used while charging if necessary. You can try to restart the system if the issue persists by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). You can also check out this link here for more details on how to fix your Roku voice remote.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

That's not gonna work I have charged it several times it even does it on chargesomething is wrong with the remote or software!!! IT DOES NOT NEED TO CHARGE!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlgezzy,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this situation has caused you, and we thank you for the update.

Could you please confirm that this is the remote that was included with your Roku device? It would be helpful for us to have additional choices available to you.

Please keep us updated!

Warm regards

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

No it's a rechargable voice remote pro I paid 40 bucks originally just to be able to have a hands free remote!!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlgezzy,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Is this a direct purchase from our website or directly from our partner store (Amazon, Best Buy, Target, etc.)? Would you also be able to provide us with the serial number of the device with which the remote is paired? You may find this information by going to Settings > System > About.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

Amazon

0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro model RC795 and I think the serial code is the bottom number on the barcode on the box which is 829610004587

0 Kudos
Jlgezzy
Channel Surfer

Wow ghosted huh!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jlgezzy, for whatever reason, Roku moderators are only ever interested in the serial number of the Roku device (from Settings->System->About or copy and paste it from your linked devices displayed at https://my.roku.com ) and not the remote's serial number.  And, if you want a better chance of getting their attention, put @RokuERey in your response.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.