Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Welcome to the Roku Community, @MyCatRules!

We appreciate your first post here and we'd be more than happy to help you find the best resolution about the right arrow button issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku remote.

Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for additional reinforcement. I will then reach out to you via Private Message to gather further information, such as the email address associated with your Roku account. 

In the meantime, you may download the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku Express 4k+.

Here's our support article to help you learn more about how to use the Roku mobile app to control your Roku streaming device without a remote.

Thank you for your continuous patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KimAronson

I have the same issue and have tried all the advice. Nothing work. I just got the tv (with the remote) about 7 days ago. Tv SN number is  x01200cdtiw1

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

Re: New Roku remote right arrow not responding

Same problem here with 2 new voice control Roku remotes.  I suspect a manufacturing fault.  After buying them from Argos, both started having problems with the right directional arrow after days.  None of the so-called "fixes" work.  One of the remotes has already been launched at high speed against the living room wall out of utter frustration.  What a feeling of satisfaction it gave me watching it smash to pieces.  The second hopeless voice control ROKU remote, still showing right directional arrow non-responsiveness, is living on borrowed time.

These remotes are simply cheap rubbish and quality control seems to play no part in the manufacturing process.  ROKU, a thoroughly inept company when it comes to remote controls and operability,

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

@RokuCarly   You state, "Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for additional reinforcement. "

I can assure you, I don't believe a word of your answer.  Your remotes are cheap rubbish and ROKU knows it.  2 new voice control remotes bought in June 2024 at Argos and the right directional navigation button does not work properly on either.  The result, one already thrown against the wall out of utter frustration with your cheap and shoddy non-functioning product. 

There are 10 pages of complaints about the same problem.  It seems as though your "additional reinforcement" works at a glacial pace, most likely out of ineptitude and indifference to paying customers.  A great way to lose your customer base.  I have never been so disappointed and disgusted at the deliberate selling of 'not fit for purpose' products by an audio-visual company.  I will not be recommending any ROKU products to others until this ridiculous situation is resolved to my satisfaction.

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

Re: Roku volume control, out of control

This is no solution to the problem stated.   It is simply a copy & paste piece of nonsense posted by a lazy customer service rep.  Do you not think I've tried all the so-called solutions already?  Your useless standard solution seems to be the only one ROKU ever posts on these forums.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @HPDeskjet.

Thank you for keeping in touch. I acknowledge your sentiments and completely understand the issues you've encountered with the right arrow buttons of your Roku remotes. 

Rest assured that the team is investigating this matter closely to determine the cause and help you find the best resolution possible. Nevertheless, I will send you a Private Message here in the Community, as I would be more than happy to help you fix this. 

Your continuous patience, understanding, and cooperation are highly appreciated as we work on resolving this issue and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

@RokuCarlyI will await your PM to see if this basic functionality issue can be resolved with the 'not fit for purpose' product that ROKU has sold me.  I would advise ROKU that I am well aware of my legal rights if the item I bought is: unusable, broken or damaged - this is known as not of satisfactory quality. unusable - this is known as not fit for purpose.

This advice applies to England. See advice for See advice for Northern Ireland, See advice for Scotland, See advice for Wales

If something’s gone wrong with an item you’ve bought, you might be entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

If you have a problem with a used car, you might have a legal right to a repair or your money back. You can find out what to do if you have a problem with a used car.

It doesn't matter if you bought the item new or secondhand - you'll still have rights.

You’ll have legal rights if the item you bought is:

• broken or damaged - this is known as not of satisfactory quality

• unusable - this is known as not fit for purpose

• not what was advertised or doesn’t match the seller’s description

You won’t have any legal rights if either:

• it was damaged by wear and tear, an accident or misuse

• you knew about the fault before you bought the item

If there's nothing wrong with the item but you've changed your mind, you might be able to return it if you act quickly. Check your rights if you've just changed your mind about something you’ve bought.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @HPDeskjet.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that the team is looking closely into this matter to determine the cause and help you find the best resolution possible. 

I will contact you privately here in the Community to gather further personal details so I can coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. Kindly check your inbox for further details regarding this matter.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@HPDeskjet 

"This is no solution to the problem stated.   It is simply a copy & paste piece of nonsense posted by a lazy customer service rep.  Do you not think I've tried all the so-called solutions already?  Your useless standard solution seems to be the only one ROKU ever posts on these forums."

This is what the moderators do here all the time. Copy and paste scripted steps from a standard troubleshooting sheet and they never solve the problem. They will keep spitting out the same steps again and again for different people that report the exact same problem. The customer service is terrible and these Roku remotes are so poorly designed the complaints about them are never ending.

Roku needs to completely redesign these remotes because there are constant button press malfunctions, excessive battery draining issues and annoying battery pop up alerts that spam your screen. Take your pick! I've gotten them all many times over the years and Roku has yet to address any of it.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @HPDeskjet!

I highly appreciate your cooperation.

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote. 

To use a Roku remote on your phone, you must first install the Roku mobile appsign in to the mobile app, and then connect the mobile app to your Roku streaming device.

Here are the support articles dedicated to this:

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.