Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furbabychaos
Reel Rookie

Latest update causing the remote lose its charge

Roku ultra 4K 

I've been watching the Olympics on the Peacock channel and started noticing this issue that keeps on popping up on my screen alerted me about the remote control show the battery notification. I've charged it to 100%, but the message still appears on the screen and continues to display the message on the screen until the battery runs out on the remote. Currently my battery is showing 50%. 

I've noticed that the last update was 7/29/24 about the time that this all started. The other Roku ultra that I have in the bedroom is an older version and has a battery replacement remote and does not display this errors.

Can you please take a look at the code for the Roku and find out if there's something that's causing the unit to call the remote?

It's very frustrating when you're watching TV with this notification that keeps on popping up.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
aperez301
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote power level keeps flashing on screen

I am having this same issue. I have tried all trouble shooting tips but device is still randomly showing the 100% battery indicator every 10-20 seconds. 

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Latest update causing the remote lose its charge

Many of us know all too well about the annoying battery pop up notification. I have gotten them many times when my batteries were full telling me it's 100%. This should only pop up when your batteries are getting low, never when they are mostly full or completely full. But even if my batteries are low I never want to see it. Roku could fix this if they would create a new remote setting to disable the battery notification.

I have been suggesting it for years, Roku won't do it, they don't care. This notification is an absolute annoyance and should be completely removed from the software because it never functions properly. Roku knows this, they won't do anything about it.

I wonder why.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote power level keeps flashing on screen

Greetings from the Roku Community, @aperez301!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific Roku device is this remote currently paired to?
  • Is this the remote that came with it? If not, what is the model of this remote? (e.g. Roku Voice Remote Pro, Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition), etc.)
  • When did you start noticing this notification pop-up?
  • What is your current running software operating system?

In the meantime, kindly try the following troubleshooting steps to help you:

Reboot your physical remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home for 20 seconds.

Reboot your Roku device

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV
  5. Once you see the Home screen, try to use your remote to control your device

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @furbabychaos!

Thank you for joining us here, and we appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your physical remote. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution possible. 

We want to assess your concern better and provide an accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku Ultra 4K? If not, what is the model of this remote?
  • What is your current running software version? It's under Settings > System > About.
  • Do you have the same running software version on your other Roku Ultra 4K, which isn't affected by this issue? 

Your response is highly anticipated, so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
furbabychaos
Reel Rookie

This is the original controller for came with Roku ultra 4K device. 

Living room Roku ultra 4K

Software version 13.1.4 build 1510-C2

Last updated 7/29/24 at 10:11 p.m.

Model number 4802x

-----------------

Master bedroom 

Model #:4660x Roku ultra

Software version 13.1.4 build 1512-46 

Last updated 8/2/24 at 7 :12 p.m.

-----------

Even though the Master bedroom has a newer version and was updated August 2nd. I'm assuming it because bedroom is different models. I did try updating the living rooms software multiple times before submitting My post on the forums.

I have finally noticed that the living room Roku remote is completely dead.  It's about time. I have removed it from the settings under remotes. This is the third time that I have removed the remote under settings. I'm hoping that since the living room remote that is a rechargeable battery is completely dead and it won't try to connect again. 

Fortunately for me, I have multiple Roku devices that are older and I have connected an older remote to the living room device. That seems to be working. As long as the original living room remote never gets charged.  

And it's frustrating that for some reason the Roku ultra 4K model number 4802x has an issue with with its own remote controller. Hopefully Roku will fix this issue and and no other person has to go through this headache.

At least for now I found an alternative way to use my remote on that device. Other people unfortunately won't have extra Roku devices in their home. This is obviously something that needs to be fixed. 

Furbabychaos

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you so much for the added information, @furbabychaos.

In this case, I will coordinate with the appropriate team to investigate your Roku Ultra 4K further and determine the cause.

I will let you know once I've been notified of any updates from the team. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aperez301
Reel Rookie

After I contacted support 3 times for troubleshooting I realized that it was the remote causing the problem as it was randomly going into pairing mode (indicated by the light flashing on the back) so the remote had to be replaced. Once we realized that I moved the remote to my car (more than 50ft away) and I stopped seeing notifications. Waiting for a new remote now.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @aperez301.

We appreciate you sharing this information with us. Please keep us posted on how it goes with your new physical remote.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.