Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallpaul8435
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote will not charge

My voice remote pro won't charge. I've tried different USB cords and charging bricks and it still won't charge. The green light on the back is flashing when plugged in, but it's still saying it's at 0%. I let it charge for over 24 hours and still doesn't work. I attempted to send a private message but the message icon isn't showing up next to my user icon. Please help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote will not charge

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @tallpaul8435.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern about being unable to fully charge your Roku Voice Remote Pro. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution so you can continue using your physical remote.

Firstly, please confirm if this is the Roku Voice Remote Pro or Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). Also, does this remote come with your Roku device, or was it purchased separately?

In the meantime, if your remote's blinking lights still flash when you press random buttons, we highly recommend resetting it by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds

After doing so, pair it again and try to charge it using the USB cord that came with it or any available USB cords to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tallpaul8435
Reel Rookie

It is the Voice Remote Pro. It did not come with the device; it was purchased separately. I reset the device and repaired it and have tried several different USB cords and charging bricks and it still will not charge past 0%. The remote only works when it's plugged in which makes it just about useless.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us informed, @tallpaul8435!

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement, and I will contact you privately to gather the necessary details.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.