Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nopethanks
Channel Surfer

Roku remote pro not voice command not working

This has been a problem for MONTHS. An update broke the voice remote. After receiving an error message on my voice remote pro (model RC795; rtn.4246; voice capture FW en_US, 0024) when hands free was on - then not only would the voice remote NOT register voice commands, but the battery would drain in about a day or two. I finally just turned the hands free switch off to stop the battery draining and rebooted the remote because who wants a dead remote.

Even today, the voice commands won't register - the remote doesn't even sense me speaking and returns nothing. How long will it take to fix this bug?

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
ECDC

Re: Roku remote pro (2nd edition) not voice command not working

Having the same issue after it worked great for a while. Bought from Amazon.. Noticed that the Roku Ultra light flickers past the 20 second "reset" constantly even to a full minute. Wouldn't it is stop flickering during the reset? I also can't get it removed to re-add after punching in the forget code? Something is seriously goofy with it.. please help as I'm one day over the return date to Amazon. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @nopethanks!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've experienced with the mic button on your physical Roku Remote. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution. 

Firstly, please confirm if this is the remote that came with your Roku device or if this was purchased separately. Also, please let us know your current running software version under Settings > System > About.

In the meantime, you may try the following troubleshooting steps to help you:

• Reboot your remote: press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this makes any difference. 
  • Reboot your Roku device: unplug the power cable and after about 30 seconds, replug it again.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @ECDC!

Thank you for sharing your concern about the voice command feature on your physical Roku remote. We're here to determine the cause and find you the best resolution. 

If you have factory reset your Roku Ultra manually, which is located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip; you have to press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds only. 

When the factory reset is complete, most Roku devices have an indicator light or status LED that blinks rapidly.

Furthermore, if you only have one physical Roku remote paired to this device, you can't remove this remote effectively. If you want to reboot it, you may try this:

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home for 20 seconds.

For references, here are the support articles dedicated to this:

1. How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working
  2. How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nopethanks
Channel Surfer

This is a replacement remote roku previously sent me under warranty (after the first stopped charging). This remote had been working fine until the issue. The current running software is 13.1.4 build 1510-C2.

I have rebooted the roku remote and the roku unit and the problem remains.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @nopethanks.

Rest assured that I will coordinate with the appropriate team to determine the cause. With this being said, kindly provide us with the necessary details for the investigation, such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID this remote is currently paired to. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Error message.

Your response is highly anticipated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nopethanks
Channel Surfer

My roku device model is 4802X - Roku Ultra. The tracker ID is 5J-316-870.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks, @nopethanks.

I have already forwarded this to the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. Once I've been notified of any updates, I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote, as we are still working on this. This app has a voice command feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Danno1377

Also experiencing the same exact issue here in Central NY. Nothing has worked and we have reset/repaired/charged/rebooted all components multiple times with still no voice commands being heard by the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Danno1377,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are experiencing issues with your Roku remote Pro voice command not working. We are happy to assist.

Since you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps to fix your Roku remote, please provide us with the following information being asked by @RokuCarly. Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, you can use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.