Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

My Roku Ultra voice remote keeps turning the volume up

My Roku Ultra voice remote keeps turning the volume all the way up.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote sucks and no one wants to help!!

Hi @Ksillman05 

We appreciate you reaching us here at the Roku Community regarding this matter.

Rest assured that this has already been escalated to our Support team. Check your emails from time to time and keep your lines open as they will give you further updates regarding your Roku Ultra voice remote. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: My roku ultra voice remote keeps turning the volume all the way up.

i have the same issue...they MUST be aware as so many others have written about it...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stephenkohler,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku remote since it will turn the volume up all the way. We're happy to help. Can you please check if the volume-up button is stuck? Did you try to restart the Roku device by going to the home screen, settings, system, power, and system restart? If the problem still persists, please try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes and devices.
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up a remote for TV control.

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Not_Impressed
Reel Rookie

Mine just started doing this too. It’s a 4K+ model 3941x. It’s in all apps and even on the Home Screen. I’ve tried setting up the remote again and it still does not work correctly.

The Roku remote volume button isn’t stuck. It’s not my TV either. The regular tv remote works normally.  

I’ve tried powering down and unplugging the box with no luck. 

0 Kudos
IndyJeff
Channel Surfer

Mine was having the same problem so instead of buying a new remote I upgraded to the 4k stick and the problem is much worse. I figure this can't be a hardware issue as it's two remotes now and one is brand new. My volume also goes up when I push the down button. It will only go back down after it turns all the way up. Anything from Roku on this issue? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Not_Impressed @IndyJeff,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'll be more than happy to help you with your Roku remote problem.  We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IndyJeff
Channel Surfer

Thank you John. I’m the meantime I went through the remote set up and then power cycled the 4K stick for a minute. I’ll see if that is working tonight and will post here if that resolves the issue. One thing I noticed is that my problem started right after my Sony Bravia Android tv did a software update. Not sure if it’s related to this issue? 

0 Kudos
IndyJeff
Channel Surfer

Setting up the remote once again and power cycling the unit has fixed the problem. It seems to have fixed the problem with my old remote as well so I would say that the powering down of the stick for a minute is probably what resolved the problem. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos