Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jw11
Reel Rookie

Roku app on mobile doesn’t work

It seems after the update 5 days ago, I can’t use my mobile phone to connect to any of my Roku devices. I can only use the remote even though it’s connected to the internet and my phone is connected to the internet. I also tried deleting the app and logging out and logging in. It says no devices found on this network. I can see my tv when I go to cast YouTube or Spotify and that doesn’t work either. I even reset my roku tv and streaming stick which the website to set it up works but nothing else will

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app on mobile doesn’t work

Hi @Jw11,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with this behavior. We'd like to know more about this and see how we can get you up and running.

To better understand, could you please tell us a bit more about this? Are you seeing an error message? If possible, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue so that we can take a look?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to work further on this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jw11
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuERey !

here are some photos below of what kind of happens!IMG_8793.pngSo here are my devices 

IMG_8792.pngHere is what the Roku app is showing me

IMG_8795.png

So it doesn’t want to connect to the tv when I try to use an app to cast to it without the Roku app cause they show up as castable through the same internet access  IMG_8796.pnghowever when I use the Roku remote everything is working fine on the tv itself !

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jw11,

Thank you so much for providing the information.

Have you tried rebooting their wireless network to see if you notice any difference? Also, have you tried rebooting your Roku streaming device and mobile phone? If not, we recommend these steps to solve the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jw11
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuTakashi !

I tried rebooting but sadly no changes !

0 Kudos