Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

@Yoshie8577 

Take batteries out of ALL remotes in the room, any remote not just a Roku remote can have stuck button, once the Roku commands get stuck in constant IR feedback loop from offending remote can carry the roku command for ever until its replaced by another IR command. 

Re-introduce each remote until you find the culprit remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kelvarnsen
Channel Surfer

I have been running into this issue too. Usually it is when you press the remote arrow buttons it will decide to go in a different direction. Then keep going in that direction even after I stop touching the remote. Restarted the Roku from the settings menu and pulled the plug. Also changer the batteries but nothing seemed to help. Who is it I can contact for more help?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @kelvarnsen

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the device ID of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
kelvarnsen
Channel Surfer

Hi Kariza,

I don't see a device number but the serial number is 5S6739183210. There is also an FCC ID and an IC number. Not sure if those would help.

Also not sure if this is relevant but yesterday I was watching Netflix and the little light on the remote lit up and it scrolled right in it's own, probably about 10 minutes after I last touched it.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@kelvarnsen

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try to check at the back or underneath the Roku device itself (not the remote) if there's a device ID or serial number? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
kelvarnsen
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuKariza-D,

The serial number I posted above is from my Roku device. It's a Roku stick and the numbers I mentioned are the only ones on it.16594684630518698499532283227723.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@kelvarnsen

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
krpcons

I have the same problem as these other and i am posting the serial number.  Can you send me a new remote.   I have tried batteried, unstuck buttons, restarting. It only scrolls when i point at it.  I think one of the original roku batteried exploded inside of it.

Thanks

Serial number S00831360T9T

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @krpcons,

We're sorry to hear of the troubles.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MisterC
Reel Rookie

The Voice Remote Control that came with my newly purchased Roku Express 4KPlus device is also doing the scrolling talked about here.  It gets going with the one press (not holding) of the resume button....scrolling across items in the list or down the topics...not able to stop and make the selection I want.  Have tried all the ideas suggested here...unplugging and batteries, and even the suggestion from someone to not aim the remote directly at the device....but still it scrolls. Have been trying since it was received...a few weeks now.  Device was purchased from Roku itself.  It sure seems like need a new remote.   Can you help me?

Mister C

0 Kudos