Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sianara08
Reel Rookie

Paired Roku remote won't turn off/on Samsung DC40E

Tried multiple times pairing the remote. Followed all the steps/instructions. Says it's paired and the volume function works but the on/off does not.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Paired Roku remote won't turn off/on Samsung DC40E

Hello @sianara08

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you attempted all of the troubleshooting measures outlined in the following Support link: "How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote?"

If the issue persists, please respond here with the serial number of your Roku device, which can be located on the back or underside of the player.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@sianara08-

Your tv brand may have more than one set of IR control codes.  Try setting this up again, but this time lie to it when the music stops so that it goes on to test the next set of command codes.  Repeat until you find one that controls both the volume and the power on the tv.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
sianara08
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I went all the way to 20 and there was no change. 

0 Kudos
sianara08
Reel Rookie

I went all the way up to code 20 and there was no change. Serial number is: CT382F791278. It has the most current software up update and I've tried turning everything off and on and resetting. I actually have 2 of the Samsung DC40E TV's and 2 Roku's and neither of them will power the TV on or off. 

0 Kudos
sianara08
Reel Rookie

I went all the way up to code 20 and there was no change. Serial number is: CT382F791278. It has the most current software up update and I've tried turning everything off and on and resetting. I actually have 2 of the Samsung DC40E TV's and 2 Roku's and neither of them will power the TV on or off. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Appreciate the response @sianara08.

If your TV is not powering on when pressing the Power button, then sounds like you need to program the TV controls feature of the Roku remote to your Samsung TV. Navigate to Settings/Remotes & Devices/Remotes/Setup Remote for TV Control and follow the on-screen prompts for setup.

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps and tips provided by our Support page here: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@sianara08-

As I reread my previous post, I can see it might be possible to misinterpret my instructions. 

You may have done it as I intended but just in case, here's what I meant...

Repeat the procedure for setting up your Voice Remote for your Samsung TV.

When you reach the first code set that turns the audio off, lie to the dialog so that it goes on to test the next code set.  The second time it turns the audio off acknowledge it and exit to test the remote's operation.  

If the power button still doesn't work, start over again, but this time acknowledge the third time the audio stops, exit and test the remote operation. 

Repeat as needed working your way through the available codes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos