Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patagbura

Lost Remote/Now different WiFi Network in house

So My daughter has a onn Roku TV in her room, and of course she has lost the remote, and now we have a new wifi Network in our house so she can not use her phones app to work the TV… I don’t see any physical menu/options buttons on the TV itself to change the network… Will I be able to buy a universal remote to get it working again? If so, which kind?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost Remote/Now different WiFi Network in house

Yes, I'll go with UEI made universal remote under the brands One-For-All, Inteset, Onn, and Insignia. UEI remote will give you access to discrete commands not preset on the oem remote. With use of 5-digit codes for individual functions. Check ebay for the Onn 6 universal:

onn 6 universal remote | eBay

Amazon has 8-device verson of the above remote:

Amazon.com: One For All Universal 8 Device SteriTouch Antimicrobial Television IR Remote Control, Mo...

Best buy sells the same remotes in 3, 5, 8 device versions under the Insignia brand:

Insignia™ 3-Device Universal Remote Black NS-RMT3D21 - Best Buy

Insignia™ 5-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT5D21 - Best Buy

Insignia™ 8-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT8D21 - Best Buy

The Onn Roku tv code in each one is 4398. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Your tv is still tring to connect to the former network.

If you know the network name (SSID) and password for that former network and if you can set your current router to use that SSID and pasword, your Roku TV should connect to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@patagbura If @makaiguy suggestion does not work, I think Walmart has a replacement remote for less than $8.00

0 Kudos