Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

Hi @Alternate_Zone

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
krstn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep. Same here. Update didn't help. Remote eats through batteries about every 12 days. FYI.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @krstn

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!! Me Me Me

Jump to solution

Just received a replacement remote. Time will tell!

Thanks for the quick response ROKU!

0 Kudos
krstn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having to switch out the batteries every other week is not normal. We use our Roku/remote maybe twice a week at most so it's absurd to go through as many batteries as we are. I've check for updates, did the restart, etc. suggested in this thread to no avail.

I'm not sure what private listening is, but our remote is model RC339 used with a streaming stick model 3600X. The serial number is 5S674E037201.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@krstn

Thanks for the reply.

Please be aware that Roku Streaming Stick (3600) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
krstn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This IS a replacement remote and is only a few years old. This is not the reason; try again.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@krstn

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
krstn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bmcclenning
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, all my roku remotes work fine with other TVs and rokus except one on my model wr-001 streamimg stick. We replace batteries in the remote every week or so. It’s our second remote we’ve tried. Please help!!

0 Kudos