Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

@jcradabaugh @50Chiefsfan

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick/s. It can be found in Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rcbarnes

Re: Free HDMI extender page generating error

I have been trying for a week to order the extender since I get an overheating issue and the page generates an error and tells me to try again later. Is there a way to contact someone so that I can order this?

0 Kudos
MCalca1706
Binge Watcher

Roku Streaming Stick+ Model 3810X Overheating Problems

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls Model 3810X Purchased From Amazon 12-17-21

Message on TV Screen that the Roku is Overheating

It is plugged into a USB port to a Samsung M7 Monitor.
I don't have the part needed to plug it into an AC outlet. Can you send me a link for this?

I tried repeatedly to order the suggested HDMI Extender with the form but kept getting an error! Then it would not accept my serial number SN 21301H287309!

I am totally frustrated with this device!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@rcbarnes

Thanks for the post. 

To claim the free HDMI, please ensure that your Roku device is a Roku Streaming Stick. Did you enter the serial number and not the device ID? For reference, here is how you can find the serial number from the Setting menu, go to Settings > System > About. Lastly, make sure to use the number "zero" instead of the letter "O" when inputting your serial number into the form.

If you are still unable to claim the free HDMI, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Please provide the serial number of your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Model 3810X Overheating Problems

Hi @MCalca1706,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the overheating issue.

I also understand that you are unable to claim the free HDMI. Please be aware that you are using your device ID, we suggest entering the serial number found in your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're inquiry.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nljewell
Reel Rookie

Re: Free HDMI Extender offer problems

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hey @nljewell

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you reply here with a photo of the serial number? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

New stick, need extender!New stick, need extender!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@nljewell

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kir
Reel Rookie

Hi Nimfa, while I appreciate the reply I take issue with the lack of acknowledgement that the online form contains a coding error and does not work. Yes, I entered the correct serial number, with a 0 not the letter O, for a 4K Streaming Stick. When the device doesn’t fit into the HDMI port, instructions such as those listed to go to settings > system > about are rendered irrelevant- the device cannot be plugged into the port secondary to the excessive length of the device.

The lack of common sense or critical thinking in response to the multiple consumers encountering this very same error on the web form has lead to our decision to return said unusable device. Timely response that includes accurate information from the OP confers a sense of costumer appreciation and support. That didn’t happen here.

Consider this case closed ( due to incompetence). If Roku doesn’t want to lose more potential customers, you might want to fix the web form.

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

For those having problems:

1. Log into Roku.com website and go to the "My Account" section
2. At the bottom of "My accounts" will show "Linked devices" and there will be serial numbers shown.
3. Find the serial number for your Streaming Stick device
4. You MUST use the same email that your Roku is linked to on the HDMI request form on Roku.com.
5. You can now get the HDMI extender for FREE.

This does work. Just requested mine today.

dirt2.png

0 Kudos

Re: Can't order HDMI extender cable

I also cannot claim mine I get the "We are unable to process your order at the moment. Please try again." message each time. My serial number is 2139A1438803. I'm not sure if this is where I should post this and the email with this roku account is not usable so if someone working replies it should be to either my phone number or at [personal information removed]

0 Kudos