Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nortonj79

Re: Voice Remote Draining Batteries

Having the same issue.  Batteries last 3-4 days tops.  Please escalate.

Model:  3810X 

Serial:  YH00AJ132549

Software:  10.0.0 build 4209-50

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Draining Batteries

@nortonj79

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
chethope

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

I’m having the same battery drain issue. Very frustrating. This forum is a little confusing. Do I just post my roku info here? (Serial number etc)  

0 Kudos
nice3eleven
Reel Rookie

Others have posted stuff here... I was able to contact Roku directly via chat. Despite what some on here say, its fairly easy to get on a chat with a real representative. Either way, what you want them to do is send you remote replacements. I was EXTREMELY skeptical this would resolve the issue but after all this time after getting them I have not replaced the batteries once!!! Im back to being a happy Roku enthusiast. So contact them and get replacements for any remotes that are having this issue.

0 Kudos
wentwest

I'm also a member of this club, buying batteries.  They last about 10 days, and I carefully turn off the television at a power strip when I'm done with it, daily.  The Roku is only powered from the TV USB port(s).

Device Number:   3810X  Streaming Stick+

Serial Number:  YH0074350621

Device ID:  C13957350621

Software OS/ver:  10.5.0,  build  4208-50

Steps to reproduce problem?  None.  It happens constantly.

0 Kudos
DrinksFF
Reel Rookie

So I accidentally fixed the issue. One night as my girlfriend and I chilled on the couch, the remote was kicked into a large glass of water. After drying it in rice for 3 days, I put in the same batteries and tried it out. Not only did the remote still work the same as before, it no longer eats batteries. It has the same batteries in it as when it fell in the water and it's still working like a dream. No issues anymore. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wentwest,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku Support or keep us posted here.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

My roku remote recently  started going through batteries quickly. I’ve seen the various posts on here about roku remotes draining batteries.  My roku device  is not a stick. And I don’t use the voice option on the remote. I see no reason this should be happening as my use of it hasn’t been any different. It’s model RC -EL1

thank you 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Imrosed

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

Thank you for responding….My remote doesn’t have private listening. Nothing  has changed that would cause me to go through batteries in a week’s time. Previously batteries would last for a long time . That’s why I realized something wrong when I started going through batteries weekly. Even with a brand new package. My search brought up that it seems to be happening to many other people as well. 

This remote is less than a year old and I have never had any issues like this with any Roku remotes in the past. 

The serial # on my model 4630x- Roku premiere is YR00CR139321. 
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.