Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot toggle through apps on my Home Page

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we're here to help you find the best resolution for the issues you've encountered in controlling your Roku streaming devices using the physical remote. 

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information so we can assess your concern effectively and provide an accurate resolution:

• What specific Roku device are you having this issue with?
  • Is this the remote that came with it? If not, what is the model of this remote?
  • When did you start experiencing this issue from happening? 

In the meantime, you may try the following troubleshooting steps:

Reboot your voice remote or replace the batteries in your remote

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries. You may also replace its batteries and follow the steps provided below.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote or locate a new matching pair of batteries
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Reboot your streaming device

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV
  5. Once you see the Home screen, try to use your remote to control your device

Additionally, if you can still navigate to your Settings menu, kindly try to perform a software update under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

For reference, here are some support articles to help you:

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

If the issue persists after performing all the troubleshooting steps provided above, kindly provide us with the following details so we can forward these to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

• Roku device model, serial number, and current software version. 
  • Issue tracker - you may use the voice command (if available) and say "Tracker ID"
  • A video clip that shows using the remote and your TV

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brownbevo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Brownbevo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I should point out I have restarted the streamber via the settings menu and have done a hard reboot as well.  The remote works for everything else I want to do other than selecting apps.  I can't even get an app to highlight.  The live tv menu items are gone as well.  No option to highlight the blank boxes.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Brownbevo.

Thank you for sharing your concern about being unable to control the apps on your Home screen using your physical Roku remote. 

Kindly refer to the post above for the troubleshooting steps and requested details so we can include your device in the process of investigation. 

Please note that a short video clip of it happening would be a big help for us to review. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jackrabbitstorm
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot toggle through apps on my Home Page`

Jump to solution

I was able to solve my issue with this by updating the system software of my Hisense TV from a 12.xxx software version to a 13.0.0 version - The automatic update search didnt work, I had to force a search, but then everything was rectified

0 Kudos
sjl9069
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We are having same problem. We tried all the common steps and even did a factory reset and none of them worked. We thought it was the system itself, so we returned it and got a new one. Second device is doing the same thing. ROKU really needs to address the issue and figure out what this issue is. 

sjl9069
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We have the same problem. It’s the remote that came with Device. We returned the system and got a replacement. Second system doing same thing. Ours is ROKU sound bar pro. Obviously your product has a defect somewhere and now we are all out here not being able to enjoy it because we are spending all our time rebooting, pairing, etc. You really need to fix this issue. 

Kvalentine68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi!!

i have updated, force reset and unpaired/repaired my remote.

Roku Streambar 9102R

12.5.5 build 4174-95

YL00AA228379

the apps now are not loading and I can not toggle in the middle.  It will toggle the menu on the left then you click right and it makes a noise but nothing happens except moving to the far right,

ddubov
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with my Streambar Pro.

And, yes, I have tried all the recommended fixes to no avail.

After the recent serious issue with the software update, this is highly disappointing and makes me question what Roku is doing.

Roku Streambar Pro 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.