Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misterswaggger
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot toggle through apps on my Home Page

Jump to solution

The update worked? my Roku tv is set to auto update but it is still on version 12.5.5 build 4174, and i manually update it (via check now) and it gives me version 13.x.x.

When i do go through the process of updating, it says update successful but my software is still ver. 12.5.5? 

As well as still having the unusable smart tv. Cant select any apps like youtube, hulu, etc. or even hdmi inputs at all. It only goes from the far left home selection, and then far right where the normal ads are. 

Roku Rtru4327-us 

serial YN002E154340

Software v12.5.5 build 4174-AM

device ID: 3Y8182154340

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi! I have been having the same issue. I purchased the product brand new on Monday and this started happening Tuesday. I have been watching this chat for possible fixes and have tried everything that has been suggested... restarting, hard reboot, and checking updates. Nothing has worked. Here is the information for my device

Model 9102RW - Roku Streambar

Serial # YL009C247595 (B11429247595)

Software version - 12.5.5 build 4174-95

GC version 11.6.21

Tracker ID 95-297-443

Thank you!

Brownbevo
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot toggle through apps on my Home Page`

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I tried updating my TV as well.  It already had the latest update.  It seems to be the streambar.  All other devices I hook up to my TV work.

0 Kudos
Brownbevo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post.  My other devices work fine, it seems be the streambar itself that is effected.  I'm returning it later today.

0 Kudos
Rodie1025
Reel Rookie

My home page apps will not work

Jump to solution

My roku stream bar and ruko remote are having issues. When I turn on the TV all apps are there, then I try to select one and it goes over to the right. After a couple minutes, all the apps are black. The only way to watch the is my using my voice. I have updated to the latest version, completed a system restart, and a factory reset. What else can I do to fix this issue?? Is anyone else having the same issue?? 

Val_F

Jump to solution

Same thing started happening to me a few days ago.  Software is up to date, new batteries, system restart etc.  Prior to this my soundbar was working fine.

Contacted customer support and their only solution was to do a factory reset, which I'm unwilling to try because I assume it is a generic response from them and probably won't work either.  Plus I will have to re-register all of my passwords etc.  Has anyone tried the factory reset?

0 Kudos
sjl9069
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Factory reset did nothing. 

0 Kudos
Val_F

Jump to solution

As I suspected.  I did the factory reset as well, it did nothing.  I contacted customer support again, and was told my only option was to perform another factory reset.  So now I'm stuck with a device that doesn't work properly.  The agent abruptly left the chat when I asked to speak to a manager.  I wonder if filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau would do anything?  Seems severe but seeing as that I have a piece of equipment that is not working properly and the company won't support it, I do feel like it's a giant waste of money seeing as that you're relying on their software to actually continue to work after you purchase...

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users.

The information you provided has been forwarded to the team to commence the investigation. As soon as we receive any updates and resolutions, we will share them immediately.

If you are experiencing the same issue, please provide us with the information requested in the above post so we can include your devices in the investigation. Additionally, let us know if the troubleshooting steps we have suggested work for you. 

Your patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sjl9069
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Software version: 12.5.5

Build: 4174 Model: 9101R2

Device ID: 3K6450671373

Seri number: YL0004671373

i can’t figure out how to attach a video.  If you give me an email address, I’d be happy to send it    

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.