Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aprilb1978

Can’t connect remote after Factory Reset

I've literally tried everything and my remote will not connect to my tv. Now I'm stuck on let's get started but since remote will not connect I cant hit English to move forward.  I've gone and bought a whole new remote and still nothing. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t connect remote after Factory Reset

Hi @Aprilb1978,

Thanks for reaching out for support here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with remote pairing trouble. For us to better grasp the problem you're having, could you please confirm with us what specific Roku streaming device you are having issues with? You can also provide us with its Device ID, Serial Number, and Model number (All these can be found in Settings > System > About).

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlliBeal22
Reel Rookie

You can download the Roku app and use the remote option on your smartphone to start prompts. Just make sure you use the actual remote when it gets to the light blinking part…..or whatever the paring process is depending on your device. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Had the remote already failed to work prior to the factory reset?  I believe most/all Roku TVs ship with an IR remote, so there is nothing to really pair/connect.  If the remote just stopped working, then either the remote or the IR receiver in the TV could have failed.  Or the IR receiver could have been blocked somehow.  (It’s typically somewhere on the bottom edge of the TV.)

Are you sure you bought the right model of remote?  I ask because there is more than one “Roku TV” set of IR codes. (Assuming you bought a Roku TV replacement remote – another option would be a Roku Wi-Fi remote – which actually does need to be paired.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.