Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyca228
Reel Rookie

Rechargeable voice remote battery life constantly displayed

My rechargeable voice remotes battery life is constantly flashing on the corner of my tv screen. Happens if the remote is fully charged. Also, there there is a lag between pressing a button on the remote and it actually working. If I press a button more the twice the whole device restarts. I restarted/reconnected my remote and even connected an old Roku remote, now the battery life for both remotes show up on the screen. Issue started out of no where, haven’t had the device for more then 1 year.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable voice remote battery life constantly displayed

Hi @Alyca228,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the Roku remote. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) Is the remote that you are currently using the original remote that came with the Roku device?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alyca228
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB @I have the Roku Ultra streaming device and I am using the original remote that came with it.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alyca228,

We appreciate you keeping us updated!

We recommend resetting the remote to see if that helps with the issue you are experiencing. To reset the remote, hold down on the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds, and then once that has been completed, keep us posted if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alyca228
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealR I repaired the remote and also reset the streaming device, neither helped to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Alyca228,

Thanks for your response!

It seems like the attempts for troubleshooting do not help. We'll have reinforcement from our Support team about this. We'll communicate this case to them and recommend keeping an eye on your email address, as they will reach you from there.

Feel free to give us an update on how things turn out.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.