Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariana7

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution

This worked great. Was happening in two different rooms. Fixed both by resetting. Just like rebooting computer. 

0 Kudos
Spearce
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

We started having the same issue. What fixed ours is…… unplugging the Roku stick then plugging it back.  Remove the batteries and then put them back in and push the pair button. It worked!  Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users.

Thanks for posting and letting us know about this issue.

The common workaround for this is to perform a system restart. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip this part if you don't see this) > System Restart. If you cannot do so since the remote navigates randomly, you can do a hard reset by unplugging your Roku streaming device from the power outlet for 30 seconds and plugging it back again.

After performing these steps, kindly check to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted here in the Community so we'll be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
njb52

Jump to solution

Thanks very much, TLA111 for specifying the correct pat of:

Settings/System/Power/System Restart

It solved the same problem that I had with the remote.

It is ridiculous that there is not a simple reset command under settings instead of having to go through such convolutions.

Roku techs please take note and send a software update to make it simpler.

0 Kudos
Scangrl

Jump to solution

It must be an internal Roku thing since it’s affecting so many people.  It would have been nice for Roku to send an email to warn people.   I just bought new remotes for nothing….

0 Kudos
JustJane

Jump to solution

Thank you!!! It has been driving us crazy for the past couple of weeks. Worked perfectly!

0 Kudos
tupqueen

Jump to solution

THANK YOU for recommending a restart!  I’ve been struggling with this issue for two weeks now. Did not want to spend hours on the phone with DIRECTV so glad this worked.!!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad that your issue was resolved. Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

Also, thanks for the suggestion. However, we currently don't have any information to share. Feel free to keep an eye on our blog for future announcements or updates.

We hope to expand with more features to provide our customers with the best streaming experience!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further queries.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KatAnd

Jump to solution

I just did restart on both systems and it works!  Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos
Mickeyrg

Jump to solution

Hello

I’ve been having the same problem with both of my tvs. Now my remotes won’t work at all. I thought it was Spectrum’s issue but it is not. I have a battery remote for one tv and a voice remote for the other tv.  Neither works. Does anyone know how to resolve this frustrating issue? Is there a phone number to call Roku?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.