Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slrosehill

Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

Channels scroll quickly around and I can't select a specific channel.  I disconnected and reconnected modem and router, changed batteries in remote, and nothing helped.  This has been going on since yesterday, June 29.  Now I can't even turn off the TV/; it just clicks back on.  Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TLA111

Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution
I'm new at this Roku Community thing - I have been having the same problem with my remote this week.  I did a restart just now and it worked.

If you have a Roku TV, you can do it by going to the Home screen and clicking on Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

Hope this helps.

TLA111

View solution in original post

77 REPLIES 77
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

Hi @slrosehill 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution regarding this matter.

We suggest you install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to a physical remote. Here's our Support link for further details and assistance: How to install the Roku mobile app.

After connecting your mobile app to your Roku streaming device, perform a system reboot by navigating your Settings > System > System restart.

If the issue is still persistent, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we'd be more than happy to assist you further with this.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Nancy2E
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have installed the app and connected it to my streaming stick.  I cannot find

Settings > System > System restart.

On the settings page there are Pin settings, Service appreements only.

Please provide detail instructions on how to do System Restart.

TLA111

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my remote. I cannot click on anything because it scrolls about 4 screens/spaces forward on my streaming services (Paramount+, Hulu, Sling, etc) - just started doing this a few days ago.

I do not want to use my phone as a remote.

What can I do?

TLA111

Jump to solution

You can find that under Settings/System/Power/System Restart

TLA111

Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution
I'm new at this Roku Community thing - I have been having the same problem with my remote this week.  I did a restart just now and it worked.

If you have a Roku TV, you can do it by going to the Home screen and clicking on Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

Hope this helps.

TLA111

Nancy2E
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The part of the instructions that were a little confusing is clarified here:

After connecting your Mobile App to your Roku streaming device, perform a system reboot by navigating as follows:

1. Go to the Remote button on the Mobile App (at the bottom)

2. Click the HOME button on the picture of the remote on the Mobile App.  This should take you to the Roku Home Screen on your TV.

3. Because the Roku remote scroll is not working correctly use the arrow down On the Mobile App to scroll down to Settings then scroll to >System and because my Roku is very old >System Restart is in the next list and click OK On the Mobile App.

After the Roku Home Screen comes back on the TV, my Roku remote scroll worked correctly and I no longer need to use the Mobile App on my phone.

Anna49

Jump to solution

Was having the same problem. Went to system settings and did a restart. It solved the problem. Working fine now.

lkane007

Jump to solution

Do we do this on our phone? I can find settings, but none of the options mentioned after that.  Heeeeelp!

Nancy2E
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If your remote is working well enough to get to Home screen then on the left scroll down to Settings and select it then in the new list select System then in the next list select System Restart or there may be a Power option next.

My remote was not allowing me to scroll to select those options so I had to install the Roku Mobile App on my phone which then operated like the remote would have.  Below is what they posted as instuctions:

Here's our Support link for further details and assistance: How to install the Roku mobile app.