Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sdt57
Reel Rookie

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution

Roku needs to fix this if we are all having the same issue. It is very annoying and just seems to have come out of nowhere.

Dib53

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

I had the same problem clicking on a specific channel using Roku remote; the channels kept skipping. I didn’t want to use my phone as remote. Followed your restart instructions from the Roku Home Screen and it worked! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
jduzan

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Started at the same time on three Rokus ( 2 sticks and one ultra) in three different houses I set them up in.  Turning off lights and pulling the batteries from the remotes did nothing.  Only workaround I've found is press the 'ok' button as the cursor passes over the channel you want and hope you get it.

0 Kudos
Dolllface
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue on two of my Roku streaming 4k sticks on two different TVs. All were working fine for months but now sporadic skipping when navigating any channel. Please install an update with a fix.

0 Kudos
sabuck0

Jump to solution

We have six Roku devices of various models. All of them behave the same. You try to scroll one channel and it takes off scrolling on its own. I have removed batteries, I have unplugged all devices, I have rebooted our wifi system. Nothing changes. I am at a loss and Roku has no tech support number.

Dolllface
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fix is simple. As suggested in this community- just restart Roku. For Streaming Stick go to Roku home menu then click: Settings/ System/ Power/ System Restart/ Restart. Takes just a few seconds and Voila!

0 Kudos
Brig22

Jump to solution

I think I fixed it with settings/

restart command …. Fingers crossed 

0 Kudos
Sanndyeggo

Jump to solution

Same issue. From my Roku remote, I selected Settings/System/System Restart. 
It works normal now 

0 Kudos
ccinslo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ccinslo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem but with volume buttons on the remote. Single click acts like press and hold. Started a few days ago. Restart fixes for a while but the problem returns. Remove batteries does not help.

0 Kudos