Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herbz
Reel Rookie

Back button goes to sling, volume up is arrow up…?

Jump to solution

Hi, just recently my Roku remote has had some button issues. Specifically what I’ve found so far is the back button both goes back and tries to/does load sling, & the volume up button turns the volume up but also goes up (as in up arrow). Remote is maybe 5 years old so could be an issue with the board below the buttons, but I’m wondering if this is an update issue. Resetting the Roku doesn’t help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Back button goes to sling, volume up is arrow up…?

Jump to solution

@Herbz

Appreciate the response.

Upon checking, your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Herbz

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Herbz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza, thanks for the quick reply. No luck troubleshooting, it’s still doing the same thing. The batteries have rubbed off some numbers but I see the model is the RC-GR4, called a gaming remote in the system devices section. The Roku is an Ultra, model 4640X, serial 7LC69A007464

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Herbz

Appreciate the response.

Upon checking, your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator