Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brennanj

4 digit code to forget old remotes?

My remote keeps unpairing from the Roku stick. So I have to reset the Roku stick and then re-pair the remote. But I do this A LOT. Someone suggested go into my remote settings and click “forget remote” for old paired remotes so I don’t have to keep doing this. However, it’s asking me for a 4 digit code to forget the old remotes. No matter what code I put in it says it’s “not valid”. Can anyone help me figure out what 4 digit code they are wanting? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: 4 digit code to forget old remotes?

I’ve never done that, but my first guess would be that it wants your Roku account PIN?  (Which can be changed or deleted at roku.com, if you wish.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @Brennanj!

Thank you for reaching out and for letting us know about figuring out your Roku PIN. We'd be more than happy to help you with this. 

How to remove the PIN from your Roku account

If you decide you no longer need a PIN, you can remove it using the following instructions.

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Under PIN preference, select Update
  3. Go to Making purchases and adding apps and select A PIN is not required to make any purchases or add any apps
  4. Go to Parental Controls for The Roku Channel and select Off
  5. Select Save preferences

For reference, refer to our support article on How to create, reset, or remove your Roku PIN

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It gives you the four digit code to input.

Resized_20240701_133215.jpeg

I'm not sure what the purpose of forgetting a remote is.  "It will still work and display in the list...".  Huh?  I tried forgetting a remote and it didn't seem to do anything. 😕

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.