Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick 4K Overheating?

Jump to solution

Hi @Bobbear

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

For starters, have you tried the suggestions available in this Support link: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning? If so and the issue persists, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Woody223

Jump to solution

Why does Roku keep sending us to articles that  no longer exist.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Woody223 

Sometimes you just have to refresh the browser to load the page. (Occasionally I get the error that the article has been removed, etc.  Try refresh - the F5 button on laptops).

I assume you were posting re: the last link about overheating.

(https://support.roku.com/article/226794787 - What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Juneaubugg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve had my stick for years and i got the over heating message for the first time tonight. What would cause this to happen after so long. It’s not hot in the house and the setup is unchanged. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Juneaubugg,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender here and seeing if that resolved your issue.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos