Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura510

Sharp Roku TV Stuck in Bootloop

I’m experiencing this same this same issue. I’ve tried the remote button reset, holding the reset button on the tv …. You can’t get to the settings menu as it appears no buttons are responding….. was there any resolution to this issue posted???

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sharp Roku TV Stuck in Bootloop

Hi @Laura510,

A warm greeting from the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with the Sharp Roku TV stuck in Bootloop. We'd like to look closely at this concern. Would you mind elaborating on the issue you're having?

• When did you start having this issue?
  • Have you tried changing the batteries for this remote?
  • Photo of the screen you're having.

Additionally, we would recommend that you check out this support article for further troubleshooting suggestions on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with the best resolution possible. Please let us know what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnGraham
Reel Rookie

Hi Laura,

I had the exact same problem with my 40" Sharp Roku TV. I powered it up, expecting the Home screen, but instead it would show the start-up screen "SHARP - Roku TV" for a few seconds, go black for a few seconds, and then show the start-up screen again. In an endless loop.

It turns out that there is a factory reset button on the lower back of the set. It is located close to the 3 sockets for RCA composite video and sound (small holes color-coded yellow, white, and red).

Mine is a tiny button that can only be pressed by a pen or paper-clip ending.

I simply powered up the set, used an ink pen tip to press and hold the tiny button for 20 seconds, then released it.

What followed was the TV asking to be set up exactly as when I first bought and installed the set, as in wi-fi network to connect to, password, e-mail address, etc.

All theme settings were gone, but all of the channels I had originally selected were still there, albeit in random sequence.

Here is the Roku Support webpage and section that mentions this very thing:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008#section-3

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
rjschwar
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue. Factory reset didn't help. I called support and they said the mainboard needs to be replaced. I ended up replacing with a different TV.

0 Kudos
Lrivast

I did the factory reset button and now I can’t even set my Sharp Roku TV, the RC doesn’t work at all, just turn on and off the tv

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lrivast,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with a TCL TV. I have 5 other TCL Roku TV's with no issues.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @rgarciaskio,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your TCL TV stuck in Bootloop. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • If not, when did the issue start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to fix the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.