Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taiyoko
Reel Rookie

bulb sleep schedule not working

I set up a sleep routine on my bulb for both morning and evening as per the article here: https://support.roku.com/article/7875705451415 . For a while, it worked exactly as expected, turning on and gradually brightening over time in the mornings and slowly dimming until it turned off in the evenings

But now neither work. I have to manually turn on and off and adjust brightness. I've tried factory resetting it and it still doesn't work.

9 REPLIES 9
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: bulb sleep schedule not working

Hi, @taiyoko

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with the Roku Smart Light Bulb. In this matter, we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Kindly check your inbox by navigating to the upper right corner with the "mail" icon since we've reached you from there for us to assist further.

We look forward to hearing your responses.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Chaoswarp

I am having the same issue.

what troubleshooting steps can you offer?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chaoswarp,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We'd love to investigate this issue further. Could you elaborate more on the issue that you had? Have you tried updating your Roku smart home app and the Roku smart home bulb?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Mine also are not working  updated the app  the bulbs are up to date reset my phone  and the sleep routine still not working -julio 

Dez8

I have been having this same issue for 2-3 weeks and also updated the app, deleted and re-started the schedules. Now I see a small cloud with a line through it instead of the on/off icon.

This schedule truly helped me wake up and I really need to know how to fix it!! Help.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Junior98930 @Dez8

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties, and we want to assure you that we are committed to helping you resolve this issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. To ensure that we can provide the best assistance, we kindly request that you please provide us with some additional details. We will be forwarding this information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team. Our team of experts will carefully review the information and take the necessary steps to address your concerns. We will keep you updated throughout the process and hope to hear back from you as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue. Sleep schedule is set for both of my bulbs. It worked perfectly for several month. One day the schedules stopped working. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting WiFi, checked for updates, turned off sleep schedule and back on, changed sleep schedule, but it still doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Carrietherage!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution about utilizing the sleep schedule on your Roku Smart Bulbs again.

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to help you troubleshoot your bulbs in the Roku Smart Home app:

• Reset the bulb: remove the bulb inside the app.
  • Reset the app: sign out and refresh the app for about 60 seconds and then re-sign in.
  • Reconnect to the app: re-add the bulb to the app and then set your preferred sleep schedule again.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
taiyoko
Reel Rookie

I'm not sure what they changed on the backend, but at least my wake up schedule started working again this morning! Will wait and see if the bedtime one works tonight....

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.