Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Underinvestigation] Tablo TV channel crashing when trying to play recorded content.

Hi Roku Community!

We want to address the recent reports of the Tablo TV channel crashing when trying to play recorded content after the latest update. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience.

Update: Under investigation and we are currently working with the channel provider to resolve the issue.

To help us resolve the issue, please provide the following details when you experience the problem:

1. Roku Device Information:

• Model
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Current Software Version (found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID:

• When you encounter the issue, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and share the Tracker ID with us.
  3. Channel Build Version:

• Please include the version of the Tablo channel you are using.
  4. TV Make/Model:

5. Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Any steps you've already tried to resolve the issue.

Your input is crucial in helping us provide the best support possible. If the issue has been resolved for you, please let us know! Otherwise, feel free to reply to this thread with the details mentioned above, and we’ll assist you as quickly as we can.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best,
The Roku Community

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Same problem here. We have 2 ROKU devices. The one that updated to 14 won't play TABLO live or recordings. The other device didn't get turned off, so it's still got 13. It works.

How can I revert to older version that actually works?

rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

1000001564.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @rmwojcik!

Thanks for flagging this. We are grateful for your cooperation and for your effort to provide all the necessary details as we work on this issue. 

Rest assured that your devices will be included in the ongoing investigation of this issue. Thank you for bearing with us in the meantime, and we'll surely update this thread once a resolution has been provided 

Please let us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJohn201

Same exact issue on my Roku Premiere 4620X..... I went on the Tablo community boards for a clue:

Tablo’s streaming channels work fine, but when choosing live channels in the Tablo menu guide, it goes black briefly then bounces back to the menu. Tablo recordings do not playback on the streaming stick, but work fine on Premier and iPhone.

However, I finally got a picture on the Roku Premiere 4620X by changing Roku defaults, which had been:

Setup > Audio > Preferred Streaming Format > Auto Setup > Audio > Digital Output Format > Auto

After changing Digital Output Format to “Dolby” there’s now a picture but no sound on live TV and recordings.

Hope this gives the Roku people some clues.

mwk1
Channel Surfer

Same here,  I changed the audio settings on the roku to Dolby.  The tablo now plays, but without sound. 

Cemetery21
Channel Surfer

Same here - can't watch Tablo recordings on Roku.  I'm buying a Fire device so I can access recordings.  I much prefer the Roku interface, and I have four of them, but my main use is Tablo recordings.

mwk1
Channel Surfer

Also, explain to us why you keep breaking things with these updates,  but never offer a rollback option or allow users to delay updates???  This is the second update that broke my tablo, and it's really annoying and unnecessary.

rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Been asking the same questions.  Crickets.....

Time to ditch ROKU.

rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Roll back to 13.0 PLEASE!!

It USED to work JUST FINE.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.