Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Error Code -45 with Roku Cameras – Steps to Resolve and Information Needed

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community Users,

Thank you all for your patience. We are currently investigating an issue with Roku Indoor/Outdoor wired Cameras on Firmware 6.0 that is resulting in error code -45.

Screenshot 2024-08-17 075859.png

This error code indicates that the device is offline due to a connection failure. To address this, please follow these steps to restart your Roku Camera:

1. Verify Network Connection: Ensure your phone is connected to a reliable network, either mobile data or Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap "Reconnect": On the livestream screen, tap "Reconnect."
  3. Power Cycle the Camera:
    • Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera.
    • Wait 30-60 seconds.
    • Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.

If the issue persists after restarting, please provide the following details to help us assist you better:

• DID/MAC:
  • Roku Model:
  • Mobile App Error Code:
  • Firmware Version:
  • Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
  • Log ID: (Please include a screenshot/photo)

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we work to resolve this issue. Thank you for being a part of the Roku Community!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community Users,

Thank you all for your patience and for reporting the issue with Roku Indoor/Outdoor wired Cameras on Firmware 6.0 receiving error code -45.

Screenshot 2024-08-17 075859.png

This error code indicates that the device is offline due to a connection failure. To resolve this, we recommend restarting your Roku Camera using the following steps:

1. Verify that your phone is still connected to a reliable network, whether it be the mobile carrier network or wifi.
  2. Tap "Reconnect" on the livestream screen. 
  3. Power cycle the camera
    1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera.
    2. Wait 30-60 seconds.
    3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.

If the issue persists after restarting, please provide the following details to help us offer appropriate assistance:

• DID/MAC:
  • Roku Model:
  • Mobile App Error Code:
  • Firmware Version:
  • Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
  • Log ID: ( Please provide a screenshot/photo)

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you for being a part of the Roku Community!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
97 REPLIES 97
VeeBee19

Indoor security cameras buffering and connection issues

Jump to solution

I have a pair of indoor security se cameras and they've been wonderful until yesterday. Suddenly, the cameras won't connect despite having strong wifi connections, don't record events as well as they used to, and now say they're completely not connected and without power. I've restarted both cameras, unplugged both for 10 seconds before reconnecting, and tested their wifi signals, everything should be working as it was less than a week ago but they aren't and I can't even view a live feed of the cameras. I'm getting error code -45 but didn't find anything when I searched online. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor security cameras suddenly not working

Jump to solution

Hi @VeeBee19,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

We want to get more information about the issue you have had with the Roku indoor cameras since they stopped working. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after entering the network credentials)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenJ

Jump to solution

I have 5 out of 6 indoor cameras doing the same thing error -45 all of a sudden

MJ1977
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 5 cameras all doing the same thing since Friday. What is going on ROKU???? 

[6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

I get a code 45

MJ1977
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My cameras are doing the same thing, nothing has changed other than the fact that they aren’t alerting anymore and have a hard time connecting. It’s definitely something on your end, was there an update because even the live feed screen looks different. Sometimes the app has trouble refreshing as well. What is going on? 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @QueenJ @MJ1977!

We want to investigate this issue you had with the Roku cameras further. Could you provide us with a screenshot of the error messages or codes you are getting?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
MJ1977
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB , see what @FC75 @said.. same exact thing. This is extremely frustrating.. what am I paying for if it’s not working? I’m not getting any alerts, this needs to be fixed. Thanks. 

Jump to solution

Update the app

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.