Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The home screen of the Roku TV is displaying as blank.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue and providing details. Our Roku team is investigating.

In the meantime, you can try a factory reset:

1. Using your Roku remote, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings.
  2. Select Factory reset (or Factory reset everything on Roku TVs) and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: This will erase all your data and settings.
  3. For devices with a physical reset button (located on the back/bottom), press and hold it for 10 seconds. The light will blink rapidly to confirm the reset.

For detailed instructions, visit the official Roku Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists, please help us by providing:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (press Home 5 times, then Back 5 times while experiencing the issue).
  • Troubleshooting steps you've already tried.
  • Photo of the screen (if possible).

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work on a fix.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tedlasbury
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV - No Menu - Stuck on Clock Screen

Jump to solution

And my other tv doesn’t work either, same problem.

0 Kudos
seeknom
Reel Rookie

Sanyo Roku TV - no icons after wifi software update

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Sanyo Roku TV, model FW55R70F_A. Within the last couple of weeks my TV received a software update over WiFi, and now there are no icons:

Sanyo-roku-blank.jpg

When I press the buttons on the remote, I hear a sound effect, but there's nothing to click on, and the "hotbuttons" (ie: Netflix shortcut etc) do not do anything.

I tried the long-press of the reset button the back of the tv, but it did not resolve the issue. It just rebooted the tv and as soon as it came up, it forced a software update. When that was done, I was back to the icon-less screen shown above.

I decided to try an update/recovery via USB (downloaded from tvupdate.roku.com), that worked temporarily (got my icons back and everything was working), but after a day or so I was back to no icons (I assume it did another software update via USB).

For the record, here's a screen grab of the tv after the USB update while it's still working, you can see the software revision that works (as opposed to whatever is getting forced over wifi and breaking things):

Sanyo-roku-good-firmware.jpg

Hopefully from this information your developers can look and see what is different between the downloaded USB version above and the one that is coming down over wifi as my tv is now basically a brick.

In case it helps, here's my tv info:

Sanyo-roku-device-info.jpg

Thanks,

Stuart

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We are aware of the issue you have encountered with the Roku TV not displaying the Menu, and we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Kindly be advised that our team is working on the issue for a fix with the affected Roku TVs. As the team is working, we will provide an update in this thread regarding the development of the investigation.

In the meantime, we'd like to request the following details to help us with the ongoing investigation.

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Photo or a Video referring to the issue.

The details you provide will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team to foster the investigation.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seeknom
Reel Rookie

Re: Sanyo Roku TV - no icons after wifi software update

Jump to solution

Hi,

Here is the Tracker ID info when the problem is happening:

Issue report tracker  
Model: C623X - Roku TV
Serial number: X0000047PD8D (SO7MR007PD8D)
Software version: 13.0.0 . build 24062-A3
GC version: 11.6.21
Timestamp: 2024-06-20T18:28:36Z  
Please use issue ID 8D-247-348 to report the current Issue.  

Sanyo-roku-tracker-id.jpg

NOTE: Working USB software version dl'ed from tvupdate.roku.com: 12.5.0 build 4176-A3

0 Kudos
LoganJ

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing, has this not been fixed yet? Seems like a simple roll back on firmware would fix the issue

IMG_0595.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate your posts regarding the issue with Roku TV. We understand and hear you.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the details requested by our Roku engineers for investigation purposes.

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AsifD

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue with my sharp Roku TV after the update. 

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku TV | Home screen is displaying blank

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We sincerely appreciate everyone who reported and for their patience, while we try to resolve this issue with the Roku TV home screen displaying a blank screen, only showing the Roku TV clock and time.

Update: 6/21/2024

We recommend performing a manual factory reset to resolve this issue.

1. Using your Roku remote, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings.
  2. Select Factory reset (or Factory reset everything on Roku TVs) and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: This will erase all your data and settings.
  3. For devices with a physical reset button (located on the back/bottom), press and hold it for 10 seconds. The light will blink rapidly to confirm the reset.

Important Note: Ensure to press and hold the factory reset button for only 10 seconds.

For detailed instructions, visit the official Roku Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

We apologize for the inconvenience and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.